We are looking for a Silicon Global Supply Manager to support our commercial hardware engagement with strategic partners (focused on server and network equipment). You will be part of a team focused on sourcing key hardware technologies and executing on the commercial strategy for Cloudflare’s 200+ data centers. Cloudflare takes a long term and technical approach to hardware sourcing, comparing ourselves to the best in class cloud companies. You will lead the team on ambitious goals for our hardware sourcing around technology cost, quality, and supply.What you'll do
- Own key strategic silicon sourcing and procurement efforts across compute, storage and network hardware in support of Cloudflare’s rapid global infrastructure expansion. These include CPU, FPGA, Storage, Switch and Interconnect, amongst other strategic silicon commodities.
- Understand the commercial and technical benefits of hardware technologies and convey strategic value of Cloudflare in order to develop long-lasting partnerships with key industry players.
- Develop long term Total Cost of Ownership targets and lead complex, multi-party negotiations to achieve key Technology, Quality, Cost and Supply targets.
- Drive the introduction and adoption of new compute, storage, and network technologies alongside various engineering and commercial teams
- Introduce cross-functional processes (e.g, RFX, QBR) to ensure improved evaluation of new and existing hardware vendors.
- Partner with Hardware engineering on new technology and existing products.
- Manage relationships with server, network and sub-component companies (CPU, storage, networking technologies).
- Partner with key internal stakeholders across infrastructure and engineering teams to support the growth of Cloudflare’s hardware fleet.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- 5+ years experience working with silicon vendors and server technology manufacturers (ODMs and network equipment manufacturers)
- Intellectual curiosity, particularly around technology
- Master’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain or engineering field or an equivalent amount of professional experience
- Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Comfortable managing teams/projects with tight deadlines in an ambiguous environment
- Highly organized and able to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items
- Prior experience managing programs across multiple, large cross- functional teams.
- Engineering or analytical background preferred