Software Technical Specialist-API Support at Expedia Group
You have a knack for solving logic puzzles. You are a keen problem-solver who enjoys helping others resolve complex technical issues. You are looking for a meaningful career in a customer-focused team environment, where you get to use your outstanding problem-solving and technical skills to help others. We have what you’re looking for!
As a Software Technical Specialist-API Support, you will provide world class support for professional property managers who operate their vacation rental businesses using our SaaS products and our Business Technology Partners. Our SaaS products and APIs provide our customers with the tools they need in order perform day-to-day operations, everything from accounting, to managing bookings, managing websites, housekeeping and much more.
As the first line of support for our customers, our mission is to delight our clients by responding quickly and effectively to their questions and issues using all available resources to, not only fix their problems, but train them to get maximum value from our products, and by advocating for them as we continue to develop and improve our products. We are invested in their success.
If you are a customer-focused self-starter, with excellent communication and listening skills, and you have a passion for helping people solve problems, while maintaining high customer satisfaction, we want to talk with you!
What you’ll do:
- Deliver exceptional support to property managers and Business Technology Partners by resolving API and integration issues.
- Drive long-lasting and constructive relationships with our most important customers and Business Technology Partners. Complete outreach programs on product launches and technical performance for your assigned customers.
- Assist with creating detailed documentation on specific Business Technology Partner integrations to help team quickly and correct troubleshoot technical issues.
- Conduct ongoing analysis of incident drivers to drive continuous improvement.
- Meet appropriate productivity and quality levels.
- Advocate for process and product changes that improve customer experience and innovate toward simplicity.
- Take ownership of customer issues and when appropriate coordinate cross-departmentally to fully solve tech issues.
Who you are:
- 1-3 Years of customer service experience.
- Experience working within a software business preferred. Internet, property management, or travel industry experience useful.
- Expertise in troubleshooting software integration and API issues.
- Basic knowledge of XML, HTML, and JSON is beneficial.
- Proficient in Atlassian products (Jira & Confluence) and Salesforce is a plus.
- Consistent track record of delivering great customer satisfaction in complex, rapidly-changing environments.
- Self-directed learner with ability to quickly develop technical subject matter expertise across our APIs, products, and integrations.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and consulting skills with all levels of employees
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required. Degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.