Software Technical Support Manager at Expedia Group
Are you looking for a meaningful career in a client-focused team environment, where you get to use your excellent leadership and technical skills to help others? Are you passionate about technology, operational excellence, data-driven decisions, and inspiring teams to deliver world-class support? Are you a customer-focused self-starter, with excellent communication and listening skills, with a passion for leading teams to deliver high customer satisfaction? If so, we want to talk with you!
We are seeking a Technical Support Manager to join our Customer Experience and Software Products Leadership teams. We provide a high touch, relationship centered, satisfaction focused software support experience for professional property managers and channel partners. You will be tasked with development and execution of strategies to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction in this B2B business throughout the customer lifecycle.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a technical support team to provide exceptional support to property managers and channel partners by resolving API and integration issues.
- Drive long-lasting and constructive relationships with our most important clients and channel partners through Technical Account Management. Develop outreach program on product launches and technical performance.
- Lead effort to develop detailed documentation on each integration to ensure team is equipped to quickly and correct troubleshoot technical issues.
- Conduct ongoing analysis of incident drivers to drive continuous improvement
- Lead employee development through clear goal setting, training plans, regular mentoring and performance reviews.
- Support team by answering questions, giving feedback and providing mentorship on team issues.
- Monitor and analyze key metrics and reporting to make sure defined productivity and customer satisfaction service levels are met, and address issues quickly when they are not.
- Advocate for process and product changes that improve customer experience and innovate toward simplicity.
- Develop and maintain subject matter expertise across functional areas of responsibility.
- Own and resolve tech support escalations.
Who you are:
- At least 5 years of Tech Support management. Experience working within a software business preferred. Internet, property management, or travel industry experience useful.
- Expertise in troubleshooting software integration and API issues required.
- Basic knowledge of XML, HTML, and JSON is beneficial.
- Proficient in Atlassian products (Jira & Confluence) and Salesforce
- Consistent track record of delivering great customer satisfaction in complex, rapidly-changing environments.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and consulting skills with all levels of employees
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required. Masters degree preferred.
Location: This role is based in Austin, TX.
Travel: Up to 20% within North America
What we offer:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.