Solutions Engineer, Customer Support Services at Atlassian
As a Senior Customer Support Services Solutions Engineer, you will increase the effectiveness of customer-facing teams by keeping critical support systems healthy, facilitating change, and representing the service perspective within development and program delivery teams. Solutions Engineers are assigned to specific programs within CSS to become subject matter experts and provide guidance to multiple stakeholder groups. You will be a key translator between development and operations, and use your sharp technical skills to configure existing platforms and tools for front-line staff. You will troubleshoot and problem-solve to accelerate program delivery and keep CSS teams running smoothly, and create documentation, scripts, reports, patches, and anything else that is needed to get the job done.
There are five key responsibility areas for the role:
- System integration, troubleshooting, administration, and configuration including Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence, etc.), processing bugs and change requests, and building solutions in additional systems as needed (e.g. Workato, LaunchDarkly, AWS)
- User documentation, including documentation for Jira workflows, release notes, and post-launch documentation for new features
- Feature definition and requirements, including producing design artifacts and refining requirements to implementation level for development
- Subject matter expertise in support systems and operations, including guidance and feedback for major organization-level programs and initiatives; organizing and conducting UAT; and designing and executing experiments
- Triage of change requests and issues that are IT-dependent.
- You value high-quality work with attention to detail and have a track record of delivering both. You combine curiosity, judgment, and drive, and like asking "why" to unravel a seemingly complex problem and get to the root cause. You engender a collaborative environment where teams work together to solve problems.
- When you encounter a problem you come up with multiple solutions, weigh the tradeoffs and efforts, identify the best path forward, and exercise good judgment to drive ahead. You have experience in change management and turning information and questions into action. You're comfortable interacting with people across all levels of an organization and can field questions during a presentation like a pro.
- You can quickly learn and be impactful in new areas to keep pace with our rapid growth and evolution. You can take an ambiguous assignment and deliver value quickly. You employ multiple tools, methods, and techniques to get things done.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 5 years of experience gathering, consulting, and writing technical requirements and/or user documentation
- 5 years of software system administration experience (e.g. Atlassian products, Salesforce, NetSuite)
- 2 years of experience in a technical support or similar role
- Total 7 + years of related experience
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .