Are you a strong Sr. Systems Analyst with Data Governance experience? Apply now.
What You Will Do
Ascension - Ascension Data Delivery and Governance (ADDG)
Sr. Systems Analyst - Symedical Data Governance Platform Role Description
The Sr. Systems Analyst understands and explains business and technical issues and provides viable solutions for a given system, process or capability. This position is in the Enterprise Information Management team within Ascension Data Delivery and Governance. This person will assist in the development, configuration and expansion of the Clinical Architecture Symedical reference data management platform -- a tool used to maintain and expose data terminology vocabularies & maps.
These responsibilities include: discovery work to make informed decisions on system integrations, defining best practices for reference data build. The associate in this role will develop processes and workflows and work closely with business stakeholders to move forward with our next phase of Data Governance maturity.
- Works with customers to clarify and plan for their current and future technology needs.
- Defines new business processes/functions to support emerging capabilities
- Maps and enhances existing business processes/functions and recommends changes required to fit a tightly integrated system
- Designs and implements projects requiring systems integration, small teams and multiple technical platforms
- Hold technical platform responsibilities for the Clinical Architecture Symedical tool
- Collaborates on driving improvement activities to achieve department and organizational goals
- Assumes a proactive role in driving improvement activities to achieve department and organizational goals to deliver value
- Coordinates with functional team to assure consistency and optimization of overall work product
- Maintains current knowledge of industry and business process trends and is able to apply that knowledge to existing business processes
- Preferred software experience: Clinical Architecture Symedical or other reference data management system
- Experience with consuming SOAP and REST web API services
- Experience with SQL and Google BigQuery database queries and views
- Experience integrating data governance tools into a Data Warehouse/Big Data/cloud environment preferred
- Ability to analyze and define complex processes and sub-processes
- Have clear understanding of your assigned functional area and the data being managed, and its implications downstream to other systems, processes, and applications
- Knowledge of the business rules for their functional areas
- Excellent oral, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong meeting facilitation skills as well as presentation skills.
- Communicate effectively with diverse people at various organization levels with right level of detail and cultural sensitivity
Flexible and open to new ideas with the ability to understand things from corporate, regional and local perspective while maintaining customer focus. Proven ability to work in an ambiguous environment; self-motivated to work in an independent and collaborative mode. Ability to build strong relationships with peers and leaders by building trust and credibility; strong collaboration skills. Active listening skills to understand business needs and steer business team to take decisions that have enterprise-wide impact. Effectively influence a team of individuals without reporting authority to achieve goals and meet deadlines
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics or other related major
- Experience working in a healthcare environment preferred
- Experience working in Data Governance preferred
- General knowledge of hospital operations, patient management, the interrelationship of systems, and how technology enables business processes
- Basic knowledge of backend database configuration and processes
- Previous provider and clinical systems knowledge is preferred, both in the inpatient and ambulatory settings
Serves as a key resource for an assigned customer area to understand and explain business and technical issues and to provide viable technology solutions.
- Works with customers to clarify and plan for their current and future technology needs. Determines and maps existing business
- processes/functions and recommends changes required to fit a tightly integrated system.
- Designs and implements projects requiring systems integration, small teams and multiple technical platforms.
- Conducts Return on Investment (ROI) and other financial analysis to support project funding/prioritization.
- Collaborates on driving improvement activities to achieve department and organizational goals.
- Assumes a proactive role in driving improvement activities to achieve department and organizational goals to deliver value.
- Coordinates with functional team to assure consistency and optimization of overall work product.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry and business process trends and is able to apply that knowledge to existing business processes.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3 years of experience preferred.
- Seven years of information technology work experience in systems administration and programming required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Technologies is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.