About H-E-B H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 400 stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $25 billion. Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace and marketplace. H-E-B offers a wealth of career opportunities to our 109,000+ Partners (employees), competitive compensation and benefits program and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
Electronic Health Record (eHR) Systems Administrator
The Electronic Health Record (eHR) Develoeper oversees the day-to-day administration and support of our eHR system (eClinicalWorks). The Administrator supports clinic staff by helping to resolve issues with the eCW platform, as well as integrated systems, to ensure the systems function in a way that allows clinical staff to provide high quality service to our patients. In addition, the Administrator will have responsibility for new clinic setup and will need to be proactive in the research of new features and functions to incorporate into clinical operations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Setup of new clinic sites (new facility, users, interfaces, etc.)
- Serve as primary point of contact for all issues and requests relating to eHR and clinic peripheral systems.
- Respond to end user requests for issue resolution. Create and monitor support tickets with eHR vendor and work to resolve problems quickly and accurately
- Participate in software strategy and architecture decisions.
- Monitor industry to gain understanding of current/emerging technologies, trends, and tools, while applying them to our software strategy, and maintaining skills in those areas.
- Provide troubleshooting and root cause analysis for system, data, interface, and reporting issues.
- Identify system, process, performance, and architectural improvements to support the technical roadmap and business need.
- Engage in technical project requirements, design, and technical quality reviews.
- Actively engage and collaborate with broader cross-functional and technical teams to ensure timely and quality solution delivery
- Responsible for daily operations including, user administration, configuration and ongoing use/development of eClinicalWorks and other software applications within the organization as needed
- Create/maintain training materials for new hires, on-going staff development and system enhancements.
- Proactively develop and maintain a roadmap of Systems features and enhancements
- Provide recommendations on how we can maximize the feature set of our current technology stack.
- Plan and coordinate the roll-out of new features and enhancements to the clinics to include system integrations and peripherals.
- Analyze system/workflow change requests and work effectively with customer stakeholders (Operations, Clinicians, Finance, etc.)
- Work with outside entities with regards to eHR integrations (i.e. immunization, laboratory, HIE)
- Attend eCW on-going training to stay current on eCW features and upcoming enhancements
- Support, analyze and monitor eHR processes pertaining to clinical and billing functions, report generation, and data extraction for all departments and clinics
- Works with stakeholders and vendor to optimize the eHR system capabilities and our investment in that system.
- Perform comprehensive testing of all patches and new releases. Document and communicate changes and their impact to end users.
- Responsible for designing and adhering to all State and Federal guidelines and standards. Security administration is a key component of the role. Knowledge of role-based security and HIPAA is essential.
- Minimum 2 years of system administration in an enterprise-class Electronic Health Records system (eCW is preferred)
- Strong knowledge of HIPAA rules and regulations
- Must have the ability and desire to work collaboratively.
- High degree of professionalism in attitude and teamwork with customers, peers, and management.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Healthcare interoperability solutions.
- Experience with remote patient monitoring devices
- General understanding of high level system architecture.
- System data integration experience
- Heathcare IT related certifications
- Skilled in at least one programming language
- Experience with API development for system data integration