Sr. Executive Assistant- Contractor at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2019 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a Sr. Executive Assistant. The Sr. Executive Assistant will leverage their superior organizational and communication skills to provide administrative support to our Executive leadership team with their fast-paced schedules through calendar management, travel planning, reporting, budgeting, research, presentation preparation and other important tasks.What You’ll Do
- Manage work and personal calendars for multiple C-level executives across multiple timezones including scheduling and prioritizing on their behalf on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis
- Coordinate travel including flights, hotels, ground transportation and itinerary planning for domestic and international travel
- In-office administration duties as required (meeting preparation, team communication, team contests, meet ups, etc).
- Communicate regularly with executives both locally and remotely via email, phone and video conferencing
- Manage and screen incoming/outgoing (e)mail and telephone calls
- Organize team outings and social events
- Prepare expense reports & reconciliations for executives you support and work with internal accounts payable team
- Collate and distribute agendas, sometimes at the last minute
- Establish, develop, maintain and update filing systems and documents; including but not limited to the company data room and Executives’ files. Retrieve information from files when needed.
- Prepare materials for meetings on behalf of executives support, including MSWord, Powerpoint, etc.
- Organize lunches, purchases, banking errands and paying bills
- Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
- Acts as project manager for special projects, at the request of the executive, which may include: planning and coordinating multiple presentations, disseminating information, research, and maintaining team accountability, etc.
- 5+ years experience in an administrative experience supporting a senior executive
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to communicate with people at all levels, regardless of role
- Experience with the Google Apps product suite (email, calendar, hangouts and docs) and microsoft office suite.
- A great attitude and high energy with values that align with our corporate culture
- A "leave it with me, I'll get it done" attitude
- Solutions-oriented - A 5% focus on the problem and a 95% focus on the solution
- Ability to be organized while juggling multiple balls in the air at all times
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and remain calm
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in all matters
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.