Sr. IT Infrastructure Engineer
Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people’s intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance. Based in Austin, Texas, Forcepoint supports more than 20,000 organizations worldwide. For more about Forcepoint, visit www.Forcepoint.com and follow us on Twitter at @ForcepointSec.
A Sr. Systems Engineer implements and maintains the global Forcepoint infrastructure. This position is part of the Systems Infrastructure Delivery team that supports a 24/7 datacenter environment. The primary focus of this position is centered on the care and feeding of the virtual and physical infrastructure, Storage Area Network, Linux infrastructure and multiple Microsoft server technologies.
- Implements and maintains the VMware virtual infrastructure.
- Installs, configures, and maintains the Storage Area Network.
- Designs, deploys, and manages Microsoft System Technologies in a distributed global environment.
- Supports worldwide Active Directory, Exchange and a Clustered File Server environment.
- Monitors system health and partners with Operational staff to ensure the alerts are being responded to promptly.
- Monitor, Maintain and Performance tuning for system backup environment to ensure business continuity is secure.
- Acts as technical escalation for problem resolution and troubleshooting.
- Documents policies and procedures and ensures Operations staff is educated and following these processes.
- Supports heterogeneous multi-vendor server hardware, including blade and rack-mounted servers as well as converged infrastructure platforms.
- Maintains Web and Application servers for Production and DR environments.
- Works extended and/or alternative hours as needed for roll-outs, system upgrades, etc.
- Provide on-call support during off hours (Approximately 1 week every 6th week)
- Mentors junior Systems Engineers to increase breadth of support abilities across the Systems Delivery team.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience in Microsoft environment, with at least 3 years as a Systems Engineer\Admin.
- Knowledge of SAN technology, with a minimum of 3+ years’ experience.
- Knowledge and experience in the design, implementation and support of VMware’s product line, including vSphere, vCloud, Director,View and SRM.
- Working technical knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and services in a multi-site topology, including Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DFS, IIS and Cluster Services.
- Experience with multiple enterprise backup strategies, including agent and SAN based backups, snapshots, and file and block level replication. Working knowledge of PowerShell or similar scripting language(s).
- Experience monitoring, maintaining and performance tuning Compellent storage arrays.
- Experience supporting a global environment and partnering with a global support team.
- Experience with an enterprise monitoring solution, such as Microsoft SCOM, Zabbix, Solarwinds, Nagios, etc.
- Must be able to quickly diagnose system problems and implement solutions to restore functionality
- Must be accurate and prompt in the details of the job.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must work well with others as part of larger team.
- Ability to work independently to meet goals and objectives with minimal supervision.
Preferred Skills and Background
- VMware certification is preferred
- MCSE, MCITP, and CCNP certifications are pluses
- Microsoft Exchange Server experience is preferred
- Experience with HP and Dell servers and/or Nutanix converged infrastructure
- Linux experience is desired