We’re looking for a Senior IT Internal Auditor to help stand up the IT SOX program for Procore. In this role, you’ll not only get to develop and execute comprehensive plans to assess the effectiveness of IT SOX controls (e.g. information security, change management), accuracy of financial records, and efficiency of operations. You’ll also assist with operational internal audits and enterprise risk management efforts worldwide.
This role will report to our Director, Internal Audit & Enterprise Risk Management and has the opportunity to be based in one of our US offices (e.g., Carpinteria, CA; Austin, TX) or remote. This position will be required to work during Pacific Time business hours, but can sit in a different timezone. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal clients, external auditors, and your team
- Ensure deficiencies are properly supported and recommendations are fully agreed by management
- Coach your team to maximize their growth and productivity
- Represent the Internal Audit team across the organization!
Lead and grow
- Build test plans, coordinate third-party testing, and perform and review testing
- Create and implement procedures, schedules, and training for achieving SOX and Internal Audit objectives and goals
- Assist in the overall execution of the SOX and internal audit plans, results, and reporting for all business segments and provide updates to leadership
- Analyze deficiencies for significance and materiality
- Ensure deficiencies are properly supported, clearly presented and recommendations agreed by management
- Stay in-the-know and help to keep everyone up to date with reporting on performance.
Be the subject-matter expert
- Serve as a changemaker by presenting technical research and implementing processes and procedures within internal audit and across the business
- Research and review current and new regulations, policies, and procedures to remain up-to-date and knowledgeable
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, computer science, accounting, finance or equivalent (MS and/or MBA preferred);
- 4+ years of experience in public accounting/consulting or 2+ years in public accounting and 3+ years as an in-house internal auditor with a strong technology background
- Experience working on SOX programs for 404b SOX-compliant public companies
- Technical experience
- Various SaaS applications (e.g., Netsuite, Blackline, Workday), Active Directory, web services, firewalls
- US GAAP and core regulatory/best practice control models (e.g., Sarbanes-Oxley, COSO)
- Certified Public Accountant, Certified Information Systems Auditor or Certified Internal Auditor is highly preferred
- Ability to influence and achieve results via accountability, negotiation, and creative problem solving
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong facilitation skills with a proven track record of proactively obtaining consensus across working groups towards a common goal
- SaaS and Auditboard experience highly preferred
- Experience working with internal business partners (Finance, Legal, People, R&D, Sales, etc.) to improve the operational excellence of business processes
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.