Sr. IT Network Security Engineer - United States
Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people’s intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance. Based in Austin, Texas, Forcepoint supports more than 20,000 organizations worldwide. For more about Forcepoint, visit www.Forcepoint.com and follow us on Twitter at @ForcepointSec.
The Senior IT Network Security Engineer is a member of the Forcepoint's internal IT team and is responsible for designing and implementing network security configuration, maintenance, and monitoring. This role ensures the uptime of network and related services while working closely with our security operations team to perform validation of security controls and compliance.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot daily network security issues.
- Assemble and configure firewalls, switches, routers, and related equipment.
- Design, evaluate, and promote new network security standards by developing operating procedures and streamlining related operations.
- Perform ongoing maintenance of global network including device replacement, ACL cleanup, and subnet migrations.
- Adhere to Change Control, Change Log, and Downtime Log procedures for all critical services.
- Monitor network and systems health, responding appropriately to network alerts and events.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance in network security matters to projects inside and outside the department.
- Maintain service availability through administration of global server farms and delivery appliances.
- Provide documentation of projects, installations, and prepare network diagrams using Microsoft Visio.
- Work a flexible schedule allowing maintenance during off-peak hours (late evening and weekend work as necessary).
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Skills
- An BS/MS degree in a technical field such as Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Professional IT certification(s), preferably with a focus on networking or security (CCNP Security, JNCIS, etc.)
- Expert level knowledge of TCP/IP and routing, firewall technologies, and information security principles and best practices.
- Must be able to quickly diagnose problems and implement solutions to maintain uninterrupted network service.
- Must have an excellent working knowledge of and experience with routing and switching protocols including: OSPF, BGP, VTP, STP, HSRP and VRRP.
- In-depth understanding of common Internet-centric applications and protocols such as: HTTP, SMTP, SSL\TLS, SSH, NTP, and DNS.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills
- 7+ years of experience in network security, preferably in a large enterprise environment.
- Application Delivery experience utilizing common vendors such as F5, Brocade, or Radware.
- Prior experience with VOIP, Wan Optimization, AAA, and monitoring tools is a plus.
- Familiarity with enterprise operating systems (Linux, Windows Server) and virtualization technologies is a plus.
- Expert level knowledge of Data Center and Co-location infrastructure build-out is a plus.
- Experience with well-known network security related tools such as Wireshark, TCPDump, Netcat, and NMAP.
- Ability to self-motivate and define priorities to meet critical deadlines.