Sr. IT Risk & Compliance Analyst at Elastic
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open-source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We unite Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting!), 18 timezones, and 30 different languages into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Are you tired of repeating last year’s IT audit plan? Are you more excited about adding value rather than finding exceptions? If so, come join a growing team at Elastic where you will work with a diverse group of teams in a dynamic IT environment!
We are looking for a self-motivated individual to join the IT Risk and Compliance team. This team sits within the IT department, not Internal Audit so it will afford you the opportunity to be a truly trusted member of the team that you are helping rather than be “the auditor”. In your role as a trusted advisor, you’ll proactively consult on matters of risk management with the IT team, as well as provide assistance supporting audits. IT Risk and Compliance makes the audit experience easier for everyone – by educating and communicating expectations to the IT department while also being a key IT contact point for internal/external auditors during walkthroughs, testing, and evidence collection.
You will work directly with the IT Risk and Compliance Manager in addressing a broad spectrum of risk including compliance, financial, operational, fraud risk, etc. Currently, SOX risk will be a heightened point of attention, as Elastic went public in late 2018 and is still in our first few years of SOX compliance.What You Will Be Doing:
- Partner with system and process owners to evaluate and document key processes and controls, including reviewing and updating process narratives
- Continuous monitoring for controls/process compliance
- Using your technical knowledge to develop automated solutions for monitoring and mitigating risk
- Prepare high-quality guidance, templates, education, etc for the IT org
- Liaise with internal and external auditors and respond to requests or reported issues in a timely manner
- Propose process improvements that will strengthen the internal control environment while increasing efficiency and effectiveness
- Monitor control gaps/deficiencies/findings, review and validate remediation plans
- Adapting your priorities and methods to proactively address the ever-changing IT risk landscape as we grow and go through change over time
- 3+ years of IT audit or related IT risk management experience
- Understanding of SOX testing/documentation requirements
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Information Systems or Finance/Accounting
- Industry certifications such as CPA, CIA, or CISA strongly preferred
- Ability to multi-task and work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Flexibility, adaptability, and comfort with the unknown
- Strong authentic relationship building skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills around business processes, controls, and deficiencies
- Experience in building and maintaining control monitoring solutions
- Interest or experience with open source systems, Git version control, SAAS solutions, CRM systems, ERP systems, system integrations, and custom applications/solutions
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Elasticsearch, Inc. (“Elastic”) which is located at 800 W. El Camino Real, Suite 350 Mountain View, CA 94040 USA, and can be contacted by emailing [email protected] Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Elastic’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Elastic, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment. Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Elastic to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Elastic’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at [email protected] Elastic’s data protection officer is Daniela Duda, who can be contacted at [email protected] We plan to keep your data until our open role is filled. We cannot estimate the exact time period, but we will consider this period ended when a candidate accepts our job offer for the position for which we are considering you. When that period is over, we may keep your data for an additional period no longer than 3 years in case additional opportunities present themselves in which yours skills might be better suited. For additional details, please see our Elastic Privacy Statement https://www.elastic.co/legal/privacy-statement.