Sr. Manager, Competitive Intelligence at CrowdStrike
At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
About the Role
We are seeking a passionate senior manager to lead the Competitive Intelligence team at CrowdStrike. In this role, you will be managing a team of seasoned CI professionals and be responsible for developing an effective dissemination process for the different sales, systems engineering and marketing organizations within CrowdStrike . With a strong understanding of CrowdStrikes capabilities and go to market strategy, you will uncover the strengths and weaknesses of our competitors and help our sales team succeed in the market. You should be a self-starter and comfortable working in a fast paced environment on multiple projects.
The position is ideally based in Minneapolis, MN, Austin, TX or Sunnyvale, CA though other locations will be considered.
- Develop a high performing team of competitive intelligence analysts to drive successful business results and feedback from senior leadership and key stakeholders. Manage team’s development, contributions, growth and succession planning.
- Supervise the gathering, analysis and dissemination of actionable competitive intelligence related to new products, industry and cross-industry trends, and elevate competitor, industry/marketplace and cross-industry facts into meaningful, strategic insights
- Analyze competitors’ products, capabilities and value propositions to identify areas of differentiation to aid in the development of effective competitive strategies and tactics . Identify critical competitive information to include in knowledge management tools shared across a variety of leaders and stakeholders.
- Create clear & consumable competitive assets and drive key competitive programs to enable Sales to more effectively sell the value of CrowdStrike’s solutions and to win vs the competition. Items may include battle cards, cheat sheets, infographics, video and audio assets, blogs, presentations, or competitive displacement programs.
- Present compelling competitive collateral in the form of weekly newsletters, quarterly update calls, training videos and in person enablement sessions for Sales, Systems Engineering, Marketing and Partners.
- Develop and maintain collateral for sales support, including news flashes, response guides and product comparisons.
- Work on special competitive intelligence assignments like new market analysis or primary intelligence gathering at industry events.
- Manage third party agencies/projects to source relevant Competitive Intelligence
Tech And Prof Experience:
- 3+ years of experience in leading competitive intelligence teams. A good understanding of the IT Security market is a must.
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking skills, with an ability to extrapolate future trends from current information and “connect the dots” from multiple inputs
- Knowledge of competitive intelligence/business intelligence practices
- Accomplished relationship builder; the candidate must be able to build strong connections across multiple organizations without direct authority
- Exceptionally strong communication and presentation skills; both formal and interpersonally
- Goal oriented and personally accountable
- Moderate travel required (likely at least 25%, higher during parts of the year)
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.