BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce, named a 2021 "Best Place to Work" is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast-growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
The Strategic Business Development (SBD) team at BigCommerce forges and nurtures partnerships with leading third-party solution providers that empower our clients to sell more. We partner with the world's leading organizations (Facebook, Amazon, Google, FedEx, PayPal, Stripe and so many more) to enable success for BigCommerce merchants. Our team members handle corporate and business development, partner management, and partner sales development out of our Austin, San Francisco, London and Sydney offices.
SBD is seeking a Strategic Operations Manager to manage growth initiatives across the department, collaborating closely with partners within the team, and collaborator departments cross-functionally to achieve SBD goals. The Strategic Operations Manager will bring quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills to both consultative strategic engagements as well as standard, ongoing priorities.
The successful candidate is able to quickly build trust with a wide variety of team members and use operational and analytical expertise to inspire change across complex issues facing the business. Using a mix of practical experience, interpersonal skills, operational savvy, process improvement, and data analysis, this senior manager will be instrumental in driving data-driven decision-making and positive organizational change.
What You’ll Do
- Manage the process of facilitating merchant adoption of partner solutions (& the revenue that follows) through being the SBD operational owner of the cross-sell initiative. This involves understanding the SBD teams’ priorities and communicating them to the cross-sell teams, including sales, customer success and customer marketing, who drive merchant adoption of partner solutions. This is likely 50% of the role, as cross-sell is the single largest driver of revenue to the SBD team. Success in this aspect of the role includes a data-driven approach; understanding how input metrics and output data can inform process and revenue optimization.
- Drive the successful implementation of additional revenue growth projects for the SBD (Strategic Business Development) team, and lead the SBD team and cross-functional partners through projects for high-value outcomes through well-managed process.
- Be a change-agent for SBD, bringing new processes and procedural standards to how the team operates. We have experienced tremendous growth in team members and revenue accountability, yet our systems and protocols have lagged. This role will lead the process of implementing efficiency and consistency through systems, process and behaviors across the team.
- Partner closely with the SBD Leadership team to effectively understand our complex business, and help prioritize projects and initiatives in alignment with revenue goals and company priorities.
- Simultaneously manage multiple (up to 5) large-scale projects of high-complexity in either technical or business functionality from beginning to end
- Maintain overall accountability and responsibility during all phases of each project for planning, directing, and coordinating activities pertaining to assigned projects
- Set project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals
- Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, monitors and summarizes progress of project
- Coordinate and track project landmarks, deliverables and activities; ensure all project phases are documented appropriately
- Ensure that project goals are accomplished on time and meet all business and system requirements
- Responsible for compiling and communicating project status, identifying and resolving project problems and issues, and keeping upper management and project partners informed of progress
Who You Are
- 5+ years experience in strategy, management consulting, or similar roles in business analytics or operations
- A bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (Statistics, Math, Business Administration, Finance, Economics) - MBA a plus, or relevant work experience
- High level analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and trends into useful insights
- Program management, planning, and goal setting expertise required - Agile process skills preferred
- Expert organization skills, including the ability to supervise multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and collaboration proficiency. This role will work with a wide swath of peers, bringing disparate priorities and perspectives together towards overall department and company goals
- A lifelong learner who establishes a culture of consistent self-education on market trends, industry dynamics, technology innovations and the like in the eCommerce space
- Continuous improvement attitude; ability to seek out and implement internal or external standard methodologies
- Proactive initiative-taker, and highly capable of working independently with high level guidance, bringing a keen sense of resourcefulness and company-wide resources to bear to achieve success
- Excellent verbal/written communication, influencing, and interpersonal relationship skills
- Proactive and results-oriented, comfortable independently solving problems despite ambiguity
- A thoughtful and great teammate who earns trust and builds strong working relationships across departments
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.