Sr Systems Administrator
Sr Systems Administrator
An exciting opportunity exists for a Sr System Administrator to join our team within a dynamic startup environment. ClearDATA is seeking a Sr Systems Administrator for ClearDATA’s Internal IT team that wants to use their technical skills and entrepreneurial spirit to truly make a difference! You should be passionate about performing highly complex computer systems analysis work. The Sr System Administrator will provide highly technical and/or specialized guidance concerning automation solutions to complex information processing problems related to the distributed computing environment.
What You’ll Do
Manage Existing Environments
- Manage Servers - Windows Servers, Exchange Server, SQL Server, Small Business Server, etc.
- Manage security groups and resource permissions as needed
- Manage network resources (printers, new workstations, etc.)
- Monitor the Server Event Log and address issues as necessary
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Report progress on various projects and tasks
- Administering AD, GPOs, PKI, DNS, DHCP, etc.
- System Monitoring Tools such as Nagios, Cacti, Munin, Big
Active Directory Administration
- Enable and support the Active Directory environment
- Manage and support cross-forest trusts
- Support upgrades and lifecycle management of AD-related software and tools
- Improve AD processes and automate repetitive tasks wherever feasible.
- Fulfill service requests and resolve incidents related to Directory Services
- Provide support and administration of Remote Domain Controllers
- Adhere to Service Management Processes and Procedures (Change, Incident, Problem)
- Ensure customer satisfaction by consulting with Applications and other services who utilize Active Directory.
- Provide recommendations on best practices for integration.
- Provide after hours and on-call support as part of a rotation
- Create and maintain system documentation for domain technologies, including installation, configuration, and appropriate troubleshooting steps
- Assists in the reporting of data security incidents and may support investigations as required.
- May participate in the monitoring of existing and proposed security standard setting groups, State and Federal legislation and regulations.
- Participates in the identification and escalation of changes that will affect information security policy, standards and procedures.
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
- Solid Cloud experience (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Monitor and Manage EC2, S3 and other pertinent AWS resources.
- Develop and Maintain scripts to automate deployment and other tasks.
- Resolve complex Windows and Linux operating systems administration issues.
- Secure VPCs, VPNs, operating systems and web applications against compromise.
- Assist security vulnerability assessments and penetration testing along with internal teams and 3rd party vendors.
- Support SOC2 compliance and other internal and 3rd party audits.
- Comply with infrastructure, privacy, security, cloud hosting and other policies.
- Understand and comply with privacy and HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Monitor high-availability and disaster recovery plans to maintain business continuity and SLAs.
- Ensure systems and DB administration services are always immediately available to resolve production issues, and never delaying other scheduled work.
- Work with internal teams to maintain their products into the AWS environment.
- Assist Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment processes and best practices (ITIL DevOps).
- Cloud PaaS and SaaS management at the Small/Mid-Enterprise level
- Experienced configuring and managing Azure Active Directory and Active Directory in hybrid scenarios
- Experienced managing O365, Salesforce, Confluence, Jira, Namely, NetSuite, ServiceNow, as examples
- Exceptional customer service, problem solving, and communication skills, and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Attention to detail, and use of best practices
- Experience in a high availability and disaster recovery environment
- Must have enough technical depth to communicate with development and other internal organizations at a peer level as well as convey technical concepts to non-technical individuals.
- Must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to quickly and correctly deliver under urgent circumstances while maintaining a professional demeanor
- Strong Communication skills (both writing and oral)
- Problem Solving and Active listening skills
- Ability to troubleshoot complex issues with little supervision
- Strong business discovery process and acumen
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Experience working in a VC backed start-up environment
- Experience working within the Healthcare industry
- 3 years of experience in information technology, specifically leading the implementation or support of the processes and administration of ITSM Platforms like ServiceNow and BMC
- 3 years of experience leading medium to large-scale project implementation
- Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally, implementing large-scale processes, managing multiple complex projects simultaneously with aggressive schedules, resource planning and allocation, project scheduling, contingency planning, risk and issue management
- Experience designing and deploying web-based end user self-service portals
- Any of the following certifications: ITIL certificate, ITIL Expert certification, ISO20000, COBIT, Six Sigma, Project Management
- Strong knowledge and familiarity with common IT quality practices
- Experience successfully implementing processes leveraging the ITSM framework
- Experience performing continuous improvement of processes and services
Why You’ll Like Working Here
- A dynamic company that rewards high-performers
- Be on the cutting edge of new technologies and services
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and fresh thinking
- Servant leadership Management
- Business-casual dress code
- Flexible working hours
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life and 401K
- Stock options
- Unlimited Vacation!
- Competitive base, commission and bonus structure
ClearDATA is an EEO/AA employer M/F/V/D.