Sr. Systems Administrator at Workrise
As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring a Sr. Systems Administrator that will be responsible for configuring and integrating various cloud based systems. Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who has hands-on experience leading technical resources and monitoring systems to ensure uptime and security requirements are met.
Why Join us? Our IT team at Workrise helps deliver business outcomes, so business units don’t have to become technology experts. The IT team manages the technology, so the business staff can focus on business activities.What you’ll be doing:
- You'll automate and create solutions for different SaaS systems
- You'll create and document projects, tasks, wiki, and kb articles
- You'll collaborate with the rest of the IT Team and multiple departments to integrate SaaS and on-prem solutions with the current environment
- You'll evaluate and present solutions to currently existing problems
- You'll configure profiles, scripts, and policies for MacOS/Windows servers, laptops, virtual workstations, applications, VoIP phones, printers, scanners, and conferencing A/V equipment
- You'll help set up and maintain our network while configuring TCP/IP, VPN, DNS, DHCP etc. and implement security concepts, firewalls (hardware/software), antivirus and malware prevention/removal
- You'll work with and administer the leading software in the tech industry
- You'll adhere to, monitor and implement IT policies and procedures while maintaining confidentiality and securing operational data
What you should have:
- You've worked at least 3 years as a systems administrator and have a Bachelor’s degree in a computer-related field (or equivalent experience)
- Experience leading a technical team in larger projects and the drive to find solutions to achieve business objectives
- You're organized, can communicate well, and love working with a plethora of SaaS and in-house built systems
- You're constantly assessing, prioritizing and solving problems
- You want to "automate all the things"!
- You can prioritize projects well, you like to "wear many hats,” and you like to have your hands in everything IT
- You're comfortable with installing, configuring, and fixing supported products as well as network hardware administration (LAN/WAN)
- You've solved problems with and administered GSuite, Azure/Office365, TCP/IP networks, SSO integrations using Okta, and a number of SaaS systems
- You are very familiar with GSuite administration as well as using GAM
- You've established infrastructure environments by designing system configurations; directing system installations; defining, documenting, and implementing system standards
- You've maximized systems performance by monitoring performance; solved system problems and outages; scheduled upgrades; collaborated with the team on optimization
- You update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- You've studied and used Information Systems security principles
- You've used Help Desk and Project Tracking Systems to assign, delegate, and/or resolve tasks and projects
- You've maintained and set up virtualized and physical servers
- You have solid experience with a cloud-based virtualization platform
- You are proficient in different scripting and automation methods
- You have experience with Windows and Linux servers
- You are comfortable in a primarily Apple environment
- Bonus points if you are familiar with or are certified on JAMF, Merak, Bettercloud, and Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket)
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the oil & gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. And while our commitment hasn’t changed, our business has. What started in oil & gas has grown to include construction, wind, solar, and defense. So we believe it’s time our company’s name reflects that evolution. We’re excited to announce that RigUp is now Workrise— a full-stack workforce provider, powered by technology specifically built for the diverse industries we serve.