Sr. Technical Support Specialist at RapidDeploy
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:14 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, November 30, 2021
Join a purpose-driven, fast-growing enterprise software company that is working to transform 9-1-1.
The power to do remarkable things when it matters most is the heart of 9-1-1 and public safety. At RapidDeploy, we believe that regardless of size, geography or budget, everyone in public safety should have access to the data they need when it matters most to save more lives. That’s why, since 2016, our mission has been to reduce emergency response times and improve public safety. We are the industry’s only truly open and integrated emergency response platform with a portfolio of web-based cloud solutions that includes analytics, mapping, dispatch and first responder applications.
Over the past year, we have signed four states and our software has been deployed in more than 700 9-1-1 centers across the U.S. We have increased our annual recurring revenue by more than 20X. We’re hiring passionate team members to help propel us into the next stage of growth.
Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of a fast-growing enterprise software company that saves lives? RapidDeploy is hiring a Technical Support Specialist who will be based in Austin, TX and report to the Technical Support Manager.
Our mission is to reduce emergency response times and increase situational awareness for first responders. Our cloud-based emergency dispatch platform & 9-1-1 analytics software is the future of emergency response. We’re replacing dinosaurs and their legacy, on-premise solutions that are expensive, difficult to deploy and scale, and are years behind in terms of features and interfaces. In the last 6 months, we’ve signed several major clients and have increased our recurring revenue more than tenfold. In this new stage of growth, we’re looking for passionate, dedicated team members who will play a critical part in building the foundation of our team.
As a Technical Support Specialist ,you will play a key role in delivering stellar technical support. You will become an integral part of the Support team and will have the opportunity to have a high level of impact for many years to come. You will act as the voice of the customer to ensure priority and impact is clear to collaborative teams such as Engineering and Product.
What you'll do...
• Provide day-to-day support to our customers using Zendesk Support & Talk.
• Follow up with end-users to ensure a timely and satisfactory resolution has been delivered.
• Play an instrumental role in supporting escalated issues by acting as an internal customer advocate and a problem-solver
• Own and proactively hit metrics and KPI’s
• Own and bring to conclusion customer escalations by working with cross-departmental teams
• Participate in weekend and holiday on-call rotation, as required
• Contribute to the development of How-To Guides and Knowledge Base articles
• Capture and help prioritize customer feedback
• Participate in product issue resolutions and product enhancement efforts
• Develop an in-depth knowledge of all RapidDeploy products, processes and procedures
• Contribute to the vision and mission of RapidDeploy by helping where you can, as we are fast-growing
technology company in a dynamic market environment
What you'll bring...
• 3+ years of proven success working directly with customers within a technology company
• Knowledge and experience in meeting and exceeding Support KPIs and critical Technical Support Metrics (CSAT, Time to Resolution (TTR), Backlogs, etc).
• Solid understanding of cloud Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) offerings, enterprise software, data analytics, and technology in general
• Customer-first mindset and ‘get it done’ approach
• Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional technical support, both internal and external
• Ability to appropriately prioritize and escalate customer issues
• A trustworthy contributor with a reputation for dependability and adherence to high ethical standards
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong technical aptitude and excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Excellent time management skills, a strong sense of urgency and flexibility to handle critical cases, including outside of regular business hours, as needed
• Ability to communicate effectively across the experience/management spectrum, translate between technical and non‐technical teams, and empathetically communicate customers’ pain points to internal RapidDeploy teams
• Self-motivated, energetic, proactive team player with innovative ideas, diplomacy and tact
• Poise under pressure, thrives in a multi-tasking environment and can adjust priorities on-the-fly
About RapidDeploy Inc.
- Strong revenue growth (20x+ in last 12 months) & huge recent customer wins (e.g., State of California)
- Fast-growing, passionate, mission-driven team – we care about saving lives through technology!
- Offices in Austin, TX and Cape Town, South Africa
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options, with benefits that kick in on your first day! Benefits are highly subsidized by RapidDeploy Inc.
- In addition to 8 observed holidays, RapidDeploy employees receive 20 days of PTO and unlimited sick leave.
- RapidDeploy is a well-funded, venture backed growth company
RapidDeploy is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
Notice: RapidDeploy’s hiring policy prohibits hiring from existing or prospective customers.
Read Full Job Description