Staff Systems Analyst - Oracle Financial Accounting Hub (FAH) at Expedia Group
Do you want to join the team that is integral in building the next generation accounting platform for Expedia Group?
In your role as a Staff Systems Analyst within the Data, AI, Platforms and Systems organization, you will work on building Expedia Group’s Global Accounting Hub. You will be collaborating with product managers and leaders from finance and accounting to implement effective solutions to support strategic team needs. EG houses a deep and rich repository of financial data from a large and diverse set of business models, and our goal is to deliver platform capabilities which can scale to meet the demands of world’s largest travel platform.
What you'll do:
- Implement best practices and own Oracle Financial Accounting Hub (FAH) configurations.
- Develop and implement the accounting rules to create detailed Subledger journal entries for a wide range of financial flows.
- Partner with product, engineering & accounting teams to deliver new platform capabilities.
- Design, develop and deliver solutions to optimize financial workflow and integration with other internal systems.
- Own new features from design to production release.
- Support development and execution of roll out strategies, transition plans, end-user training and documentation.
Who you are:
- 10+ years of experience designing, implementing and supporting Oracle Financials (R12) in a complex, multinational environment.
- Strong functional expertise in Oracle FAH combined with knowledge of GAAP Accounting.
- At least 2 end-to-end Oracle FAH implementations.
- Solid grasp of FAH & General Ledger (GL) data model.
- Experience analyzing data and translating business requirements into technical specifications.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Superb communication and critical thinking skills.
- Oracle SAAS and/or implementations on Cloud PAAS/IAAS frameworks is a plus.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.