Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is approaching 20 years of helping companies like Nike, Pixar, and NASA “unleash the potential of every team” through the power of software & collaboration. As these large customers look to scale Atlassian products across their organization, they require a seamless customer experience from a hands-on, strategically focused Atlassian account team to be successful.
More about you
We are looking for a customer-focused, creative, detail-oriented individual to join our Strategic Customer Retention team based out of Austin or Boston. This team owns retention for the largest 10% of Enterprise customers across Atlassian's product portfolio, including Jira, Confluence, Jira Service Management, Trello, and Jira Align. You will drive retention increases by proactively engaging on strategic renewals. You will drive Total Book of Business growth via expansion, upsell, upgrade & cross-sell opportunities. You will partner closely with our Strategic Sales Team to provide deal support on large strategic opportunities, including white space analysis, install base research, and quote support. Lastly, you will be leading small and mid-sized Cloud & Data Center sales cycles end-to-end.
If you excel in these areas, enjoy playing as a team, and do well adapting to and inspiring change, then we’d love to hear from you!
- Support our largest 10% of customers in their respective regions; representing Atlassian's product portfolio, including Jira, Confluence, Jira Service Management, Trello, and Jira Align.
- Improve software retention rates through effective inside sales techniques over the phone, video, and email while also minimizing customer churn.
- Lead end-to-end sales motions for our Cloud and Data Center platforms
- Manage renewals & expand users across a sizable product portfolio
- Provide deal support by providing whitespace analysis, install base research, and quoting support
- Partner with our Strategic sales team on account planning and driving total book of business growth
- Increase customer awareness of Atlassian's product portfolio to discover cross-sell and up-sell opportunities
- Maintain a deep understanding of product updates and new offerings and articulates those improvements to customers and our solution partners
- Forecasting a pipeline for renewals, upsell and cloud migration opportunities
Minimum Required Experience:
- Five or more years experience in account management, software renewals, customer success, or other relevant business areas
- Ability to establish rapport and build relationships with customers over the phone and on video
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding performance goals
- Experience managing customer engagements with Enterprise-level customers
- Experience managing an end-to-end sales cycle
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Experience selling Enterprise SaaS products
- Experience working with Channel partners to retain and grow customer accounts
More about our team
The team is comprised of hard-working, passionate, and fun-loving Strategic Customer Retention Managers, specializing in Atlassian's full suite of products and services. We have shared performance metrics and goals to encourage collaboration and teamwork, but above all, we believe in the Atlassian values and want to use them as our compass in constantly refining and optimizing our non-traditional retention model.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.