Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
This isn't your ordinary Support Engineer role. If you love solving the deepest and gnarliest tech problems, enjoy working with all types of customers from around the world (startups to Fortune 500 corporations), and love variety, this job has it all in spades. Atlassian is a rapidly growing software development company, and the Support team is changing its focus to allow it to scale with the business. We're on the lookout for Support Engineers to join our growing team that is serious about pursuing one goal: Making our customers awesome! Are you the go-to person for technical support when nobody else knows what to do? Do you have relationships with customers where they ask for you by name? Here at Atlassian, we help teams turn ideas into reality with our world-class collaboration tools.
We’re looking for engineers that have a strong degree of empathy for the customer experience. You’ll need excellent communication skills, possessing the ability to support customers over email, phone or screen-shares. You will also need an ability to successfully manage your time and balancing multiple tasks with varying levels of priority and urgency.
You should have a passion and curiosity with regard to all things technical, including the following experience:
- 2+ years of experience in customer-facing support, software services, and/or system administration for a large end-user community
- Deep understanding of operating systems (e.g. Linux, OS X, and/or Windows)
- Understanding of networks and relevant technologies, including proxies, load balancers, LDAP, Active Directory, SSL, etc
- Understanding of application server technologies (e.g. Tomcat, Apache, WebSphere, JBoss, etc.)
- Experience with SQL databases
- Experience in critical customer issues
- Experience in working with enterprise customers
Bonus points for:
- Experience administering Atlassian Developer Tools
- Experience with any of the following AWS, Azure, Docker, VMware
- Experience administering an enterprise LAN/WAN environment
- Advanced LDAP or other directory information services knowledge
- Scripting in the language of choice
- Background in System Engineering or administration
- Experience in database configuration and administration
- Experience analyzing Java thread dumps, heap dumps, GC logs, etc.
- Experience analyzing network traces using tcpdump or tools such as Wireshark
- B.S. in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
More about our team
You’ll be talking with Global 2000 companies every day, working closely with our go to market teams to provide an Enterprise grade experience to our customers. We're a GSD global team, built on Atlassian's core values. If this mirrors how you want to work, then we are excited to have you join the team and help our company grow and change for the better.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.