Support Manager, Cloud Growth at Atlassian
Are you a strong leader passionate about building and working with smart teams, and devising strategies and tactics for teams to deliver customers the best product experience? Then this role will be a good match for you! This role is part of the Bitbucket Cloud Support team and is part of the larger Cloud Growth Support team which is focused on helping incubate, mature, and graduate products and teams while providing the best support and product experience to our customers. In this role, you will lead a team of experienced support engineers supporting Bitbucket Cloud.
More about you:
You are passionate about servicing customers and love working with people that have a good sense of accountability and quality. You have strong personal initiative. You are uncomfortable with mediocre and are always striving to be the change you seek.
In this role, you will:
- Be essential in providing a consistent quality experience, and driving customer satisfaction by bringing new and improving on Atlassian support methodologies; all while working with your team to ensure service levels, support quality, and customer satisfaction targets are regularly attained.
- Coordinate analysis and fixes for complex customer issues, be the standard-bearer for your team in the coordinated delivery of excellent service and creating a wide and loyal customer base to the Atlassian products and brand.
- Participate in customer-facing calls helping to communicate progress updates, action plans, and resolution details.
- Work within the broader ecosystem of Team Leads and Managers to improve the overall department and corporate operational efficiencies.
- Demonstrate where you have focused on team coaching, skills uplifting, SOP improvements, delivery quality, transparency, and understanding the analytics of your team and business.
- Create, organize and communicate strategies 3-6 months ahead. Partnering with global peers in aligning the strategies.
- Have strong business sense, define global and scalable frameworks & methodologies that are comprehensive from concept through adoption, scale, and maintenance.
On the first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 7+ years of experience in the software industry with a minimum of 5+ years or more experience of related working experience in a Customer Support Center function in a managerial capacity leading teams with at least 8 direct reports (including remote team members).
- A deep understanding of people leadership, involving building networks and developing talent with the ability to recruit and build successful teams.
- Extensive expertise in developing metrics to measure the effectiveness of technical support within the organization.
- A keen focus on the task at hand with the ability to prioritize multiple requests while assessing customer exposure and risk. Having a strong internal temperature gauge for urgency and action.
- Demonstrated strong judgment, decision-making, drive, and insightful analytic skills.
- Both have strong process orientation with the flexibility to know when the process needs to change or evolve.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent technical experience.
- Good communications and interpersonal skills for coaching opportunities with the team as well as for both internal and external communications via phone, video conferences, presentations, and published blogs.
- Track record of accomplishment and effectiveness within organizations.
- Experience in working 24x7 support operations and with teams across multiple locations.
- Experience with cloud software platforms with large and complex end-user communities.
It's great, but not required if:
- MBA is a significant plus.
- Experience in both small and large companies is highly desirable.
- Experience leading high-volume service operations teams in fast-paced companies.
- A strong fit candidate would also have experience with our products like Jira, Confluence, Opsgenie, and/or Bitbucket.
- We're open to candidates across the US who have demonstrated excellent results in both hybrid (in office and WFH) and also fully remote settings. We ideally see this person having success in a fully remote setting with Atlassian
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .