SVP Customer Relations (NorCal)
As an SVP of Customer Relations at Arrive Logistics, you will be responsible for accelerating revenue growth for key accounts, building our credibility in the executive suite and cultivating new business across the entire supply chain with an emphasis on full truckload. This is not a cold-calling sales role. You’ll be working with Arrive’s existing accounts, building meaningful relationships from top to bottom to allow Arrive and selected customers to continue to grow year-over-year.
On our growing executive relations team, you will play a vital role in the development of our business as we continue to solidify ourselves as a major player in the 3PL space. This is a unique opportunity to leverage your experience in supply chain to contribute to a competitive, forward-thinking organization. We are looking for a seasoned leader to come in with high energy & vision, set the tone, and get results.
In this role, you will:
- Leverage your experience as a trusted logistics adviser to get Arrive Logistics in front of senior leadership at selected regional accounts.
- Cultivate executive sponsorship by demonstrating your depth of industry, shipper and market knowledge.
- Increase Arrive’s footprint by selling, developing and designing custom solutions for our largest clients.
- Contribute to new business acquisition through consultative selling and creative vision.
- Set the growth vision for Arrive’s largest accounts; develop & improve upon processes in order to continually go above & beyond for our clients.
- Skillfully negotiate rates & volumes with accounts for a variety of transportation services.
- Own Arrive’s core growth metrics for the clients in your territory.
- Own the Quarterly Business Review process and develop innovative ways to present critical metrics to illustrate Arrive’s brand & growth.
- Prevent leakage to competition by establishing best in class Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Prepare Corrective Action Plans (CAPs) as needed and work with operations to implement them.
- Manage mission critical issues and ensure overall customer relationships are thriving.
- Mentor younger sales team members when needed and appropriate.
- Remain up-to-date on logistics, supply chain, and transportation trends.
- Stay vigilant on competitive service offerings and technology platform innovations.
- Work in your respective market(s), traveling up to 75% or more when necessary. Travel is typically not overnight but consists of driving daily around said market(s) to be in front of customers.
Our ideal candidate is/has:
- 15 years of professional experience in the transportation industry.
- 5+ years of experience in a transportation or supply chain role at a large shipper.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with a sales floor and sales management.
- Strong communication and presentation abilities.
- High level of initiative and hustle.
- Able to work independently, as the role is regional and will not be based out of an office.
- Able to collaborate with a seasoned team of executive customer relations professionals. The team will be comprised of 10+ professionals working together to drive Arrives’ growth forward.
Read Full Job Description