“Making Healthcare Right. Together.” is the cornerstone of all we do. Our vision is through powerful relationships with Care Partners, we help all people live healthy and brighter lives. To successfully achieve our mission and vision as we operate in a dynamic health care environment, we expect Bright employees to embody and uphold our core values in work and interactions, both internal and external: be brave, be brilliant, be accountable, be inclusive, and be collaborative.
The Systems Administrator 3 is a member of the End User Technology Services team. This role delivers desktop support for employees and network/ infrastructure support for the Austin office. This role also has shared responsibilities for the organization. They are responsible for deployment, monitoring, maintenance, security, development, upgrades, and support of end user and office hardware (desktops, laptops, handheld devices, printers, drivers, software, email, patches, and operating systems) within our environment. The End User Technology Services team provides IT services and support for all Bright Health employees. Our client is the Bright Health employees and you will be a part of the team that is the first line of support for overall success. As a department we have a philosophy of all hands-on-deck. We do not shy away from small tasks that often happen behind the scenes.
- Manage day to day support needs within Austin office
- Troubleshoot local hardware and network issues and work with team to resolve
- Assist with technology training and support of office users (including but not limited to PC hardware/software, desk phones, and other accessories as applicable)
- Manage inventory of IT devices within Austin office for inventory planning and procurement
- Actively engaged with office administrative staff to ensure IT is meeting service requirements
- Image and setup end user systems for new hires and departures as needed
- Maintain and Assist with Audio & Visual technology (Zoom Rooms and included equipment) for meetings
- Administer various functions within Windows 10, MacOS, & Mobile Device management systems, application testing, and OS & application deployment coordination
- Manage day to day activities and handle escalated tickets from help desk
- Assist with maintenance of system processes and support documentation
- Participate in user access audits
- Communicate with and train corporate employees on enterprise policies, standards, and best practices. (including various End User Technology Services capabilities)
- Support users within our WVD (Windows Virtual Desktop) environment
- Assist in the execution of IT planned initiatives including hitting deadlines and achieving goals or projects as assigned
Education, Training, Experience
- Bachelor or Associate degree (Ideally in Technology or Security), or relevant work experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working with and providing technical support to End Users
- Technical expertise with Windows and Mac operating systems
- Working knowledge of the following platforms preferred: Microsoft Office Suite, Office 365, Zoom Rooms, and Remote Desktop applications.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership and manage technical projects within a team environment to assist with advancing the greater End User Technology Team goals
- Previous experience providing hands on support for Executive Leadership and Assistants preferred
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like Modern Healthcare and Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our team!
Check out this great video showcasing just some of the fantastic Technology Team broadcasting from our ATX office!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.