You have a deep understanding of the complex nature of rapidly expanding system landscapes and the challenges that follow. You feel comfortable building simple controls for processes and cool while planning complex new integrations for new systems. Working with people, both technical and not, to understand what it is they are attempting to accomplish is inherently interesting to you; delivering a robust solution drives you and offering guidance around best practices, building internal tooling, and addressing inefficiencies is part of your systematic processes.
When a technical fire happens, you understand that communication is critical; putting it out should always avoid collateral damage. When you cause a fire, as everyone inevitably does, you take responsibility for it and work with the team to figure out the right way to put that fire out. You believe blaming is a waste of time - when something goes wrong, you figure out why it happened and how to prevent it from happening again in the future. Better yet, you look for how things went right in the first place and improve upon those.
- Deploy complex solutions involving a variety of technologies, including ExchangeOnline, VMWare and Windows Server.
- Day-to-day troubleshooting of problems and performance issues in our server clusters to investigate, characterize, and remediate path forward
- Build new network and server environments and perform physical to virtual conversions.
- Install physical network, server and desktop equipment for customers.
- Manage, maintain and upgrade existing servers, networks and desktops.
- Maintain healthy working relationships with multiple customers, manage customer expectations, and regularly communicate project status to customer contacts.
- Understand customer business processes and goals and recommend technology solutions to improve those processes or achieve those goals.
- Work simultaneously on multiple projects competing for your time and understand how to prioritize accordingly
- Manage complex technology projects including coordinating internal and external resources.
As a member of the Infrastructure team, you actively seek feedback on your proposed plans and provide the same for others on the team. You’re never complacent with what you know and are constantly seeking to understand how something might not work, how it can be improved, and seek out knowledge to aid in this pursuit.
- Bachelor's degree or 2-3 years of IT experience. If not available, and you have other relevant background, let’s chat.
- Solid scripting skills in PowerShell. VBS / Python is a bonus.
- Solid understanding of network technology and related concepts, such as LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN, SMTP, etc
- Knowledge in VMWare, Hyper-V, Remote Desktop Services, Windows Server, SQL Server, Endpoint Protection, Active Directory, Microsoft Azure, Office 365, Amazon Web Services
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to see problems through to resolution and communicate progress and results
- Willingness to mentor and teach people around you
- Windows Server
- SQL Server
- Active Directory
- Group Policy
- Microsoft Azure & Azure PowerShell
- Office 365 & Office 365 PowerShell
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Remote Desktop Services
- Systems Monitoring
- Desired State Configuration Management