Systems Analyst, Continuous Improvement (Returnship) at Cloudflare
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About Path Forward
The Path Forward Return to Work program at Cloudflare is a 16 week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependents. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At Cloudflare, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
Cloudflare offers flexibility that we know today’s workers need to be healthy and productive. During the Return to Work program, we offer returnees additional flexibility to make the on-ramp to paid work as smooth as possible.
About the department
Cloudflare’s IT/Enterprise Engineering, Planning and Governance Team is a crucial pillar of the CIO Organization. It manages programs and initiatives across IT Infrastructure, Enterprise Systems, and Enterprise Engineering to enable Cloudflare internal teams to operate most efficiently. The team establishes end-to-end governance principles and frameworks, leads business partnering, drives program planning, execution and demand capacity management.
About the role
High-growth companies tend to evolve quickly as they grow, so we are looking for talented individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment and crave ambiguous problems. This role will be to work with the team to plan, document, manage, execute, and track programs to successful completion. Our large programs span over multiple quarters involving Engineering, various Business Verticals, and Technical Operations teams. In this role, you will play an active part in planning and documenting projects and be responsible for tracking dependencies, schedules and raising issues and risks.
- Gathers business and system requirements, conducts research, and works closely with Engineering to translate requirements into future state system design options.
- Manages full system life-cycle program development including user requirements, design, development, testing and roll-out.
- Supports system transition plans including, user acceptance/system integration testing and facilitate various testing cycles.
- Manages system technology programs, defining milestones and success criteria, evaluates timelines and performs risk management for a successful on-time delivery.
- Develops transition plans including but not limited to user acceptance testing and facilitate various testing cycles.
- Designs and manages end-to-end project plans, scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring process and technical feasibility.
- Establishes and maintains comprehensive project documentation and processes standardization across IT Governance and Planning.
- Supports the management of enterprise systems compliance, controls, and continuous improvement.
- Monitor deficiencies resulting from compliance testing and the adequacy of remediation efforts.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Degree in a related field such as information systems, software engineering, or computer science, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years experience with software development and managing end-to-end execution of programs.
- Experience with lifecycle management in a fast-paced software environment.
- Ability to exercise technical judgment in solving software engineering challenges involving bug triage, source control, continuous integration, etc.
- Proven working experience in process optimization and the management of a system implementation project.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to research issues, make evaluations on problems and recommend viable solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently in a global fragmented environment.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
188.8.131.52: We released 184.108.40.206 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.