Systems Architect, Infrastructure & Operations
Blackbaud is seeking experienced and motivated technologists possessing a unique balance of technical depth, customer focus and leadership skills. As a Systems Architect in Infrastructure Engineering & Cloud Operations, you’ll partner with teams across our organization to craft innovative cloud based and physical infrastructure solutions with increasing reliability, scalability, supportability and security. Together with key stakeholders, you’ll guide our infrastructure teams in accelerating the migration of our existing workloads to the public cloud while sustaining a high level of performance across our existing systems and environments. And, you’ll relentlessly pursue opportunities to advance our operational effectiveness and increase customer satisfaction.
What you'll be doing:
- Partner with key stakeholders to establish technical direction and negotiate technical decision points. Drive technical design and validation ensuring implementation aligns with our technical strategies and strategic business objectives.
- Guide teams in deriving innovative solutions to engineer reliable, scalable, supportable, secure and cost-effective solutions for our customers.
- Contribute as needed to the daily 24/7 operations of the team; enforcing priorities, monitoring and analyzing operational effectiveness metrics and supporting teams in predictably and efficiently delivering on our commitments.
- Ensure ongoing collaboration between engineering, operations and other key stakeholders through the full life cycle of our solutions.
- Sustain knowledge of industry trends and effectively adapt and guide our teams to meet the demands to rapidly evolving technologies.
- Drive incident response with relentless focus on restoration of service, followed by tenacious pursuit of root cause and permanent resolution.
- Identify and direct initiatives to further operational excellence by increasing efficiency and reducing risk, complexity, waste and cost.
- Effectively plan and manage vendor engagements to expand our workforce capacity as needed.
- Foster a culture that leverages data and metrics to make informed decisions and guide change.
- Available on a 24x7x365 basis when needed for production impacting incidents or key customer events.
What we'll want you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology or equivalent related work experience required.
- Minimum of 15 years or more relevant professional experience
- Minimum of 10 years of infrastructure leadership spanning network, storage and compute supporting large and complex 24x7 environments
- Minimum of 5 years in the implementation of cloud technologies required (Microsoft Azure preferred)
- Practical experience with ITIL required; lean and agile methodologies preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication; able to communicate complex technical information to all stakeholders
- Innovative and adaptable in problem-solving; able to lean into the details while keeping the big picture in sight