You will be responsible for the safety and security of some of the most important data on the planet, healthcare data. Your focus will be on the operational posture of our production environment with a close working relationship with all business functions within ESO. We expect you to continually drive improvements in production operations while collaborating with the product and development teams to help set infrastructure and security priorities.
Focusing on Windows servers and networking, you will be well versed in concepts like VPN, routing, NAT and security protocols. Additional responsibilities will include developing scripting/automation recipes for network devices and Microsoft Azure services, Windows server administration and configuration management of virtual machines clustered in our IaaS environment. Emphasis will also be placed on contributing to our infrastructure monitoring and alerting capabilities for our IaaS and PaaS resources.
Who You Are - the essentials (Some of the things required to be successful in the role):
• Cloud IaaS and PaaS experience in either AWS or Azure, including direct VPNs and virtual networking
• A knowledge of automation and container orchestration (IAC)
• Extensive experience with Windows systems deployment and administration concepts
• High degree of understanding of networking concepts like VPNs, NAT, IP routing and ACLs
• Extensive experience with server virtualization platforms (VMware, Hyper-V)
• Experience with;
- Application security, L7 routing concepts, IDM solutions and API gateways
- Active Directory, Azure AD and OAuth
- Production monitoring software for vulnerability scanning, threat detection, resource monitoring and
- Identity management / federated identity solutions
- Agile methodologies and supporting tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Configuration and change management tools
Who You Are - the desirables (It’s a plus if you have):
• In depth knowledge of F5 and related concepts like iRules, datagroups, APM, iControl REST and L2L VPN
• Experience with SIEM systems like Splunk and SumoLogic
• Linux administration and networking
Benefits & Perks
ESO offers a comprehensive suite of benefits to promote health and financial security for our employees and their families. For full-time employment you this includes:
- Competitive health plans (medical, dental, & vision insurance)
- PTO (starting at 20 days) & 12 company holidays
- 401(k) with company match
- Telemedicine service provided by ESO
- Savings accounts (FSA, HSA, DCA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Annual health and wellness reimbursement
- Peace of mind benefits such as life insurance, disability insurance, and worksite benefits
- Paid parental leave, new child program, & flexible parental return-to-work options
- Casual office environments and unlimited office snacks and drinks
ESO is a fast-paced, growing data, technology, and research company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. We pioneer innovative, user-friendly software to meet the changing needs of today’s EMS agencies, fire departments, and hospitals. We’re small enough to be nimble and fun, but big enough to be a great place to work. We serve thousands of customers out of our US offices and our Belfast, Northern Ireland office.
Are you ready to Make a Difference? At ESO, we believe in bringing your true self to work every single day. If you don’t match all the qualifications on the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway! We are looking for passionate, innovative, and authentic people to help drive our mission.
All offers are contingent upon a successful background check.
ESO is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We invite you to consider opportunities at ESO regardless of your gender; gender identity; gender reassignment; age; religion; race; national origin; political affiliation; sexual orientation; disability; veteran status; or other non-merit factor.
Read Full Job Description