IT Systems Engineer
We’re looking for a Systems Engineer to join our IT Engineering team. In this role, you’ll partner with other Systems Engineers to support our Corporate IT Infrastructure, provisioning, maintaining, and improving systems and services leveraged across the company.
This position is based in our Austin, TX offices located at the heart of downtown. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with leadership, engineers, and customers to architect new solutions for On-Premise and LaaS providers (AWS)
- Work with Systems Administrators to design, configure, and scope solutions
- Participate in remediation efforts, monitoring, and logging capabilities, performing system maintenance, and regular patching
- Drive automation by leveraging configuration management, images, and templates across Windows, Linux, and MacOS hosts
- Participate in efforts to develop custom tools and contribute to programming efforts by writing code, performing reviews, and refactoring
- Leverage both commercial and open source tools/software to drive impact for the business while finding creative ways to reduce spend
- Design well-documented services and tools which can be operationalized
- Communicate project timelines, service dependencies, resource constraints, and progress with key stakeholders timely and effectively
- Provide mentorship to Systems Administrators and other IT staff
- Evaluate new technologies and work with leadership to prioritize deployment in alignment with business requirements
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline and/or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated experience building and/or deploying applications and services in AWS, GCP or Azure (preferably AWS)
- Experience working with Ruby and/or Python with advanced knowledge of Bash and Git
- Experience with infrastructure technologies including load balancing, auto-scaling, replication, networking, authentication protocols, and encryption
- Experience building services on LaaS platforms and On-Premise Virtual/Physical infrastructure
- Demonstrated experience building and supporting integrations built on REST services
- Experience working with system automation tools for imaging, configuration management, and continuous deployment
- Experience working with system monitoring tools for alerting, graphing, and resource planning
- Experience with SAML/Single Sign-on integrations (preferably Okta)
- Experience working with Agile development processes (SCRUM)
- Strong ability to communicate technical ideas and decisions
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.