Elligo Health Research is seeking an experienced and motivated Systems Engineer in Austin, TX. You will responsible for implementing, managing and supporting Elligo’s cloud-based technology infrastructure and solutions. This hands-on position includes a mix of system administration, engineering, networking and support tasks in order to keep Elligo’s business and users in great working order. The Systems Engineer is a key member of a small, dynamic solutions delivery team which supports all facets of a fast growing clinical research company.
- Configure and support cloud-based solutions such as AWS, Aptible and Microsoft Office365 from a systems administration perspective.
- Setup user accounts in a variety of systems including business and clinical applications.
- Configure, monitor and manage technology and security systems including mobile device management, virus protection and others. Includes monitoring for performance, system issues, etc.
- Research, implement and manage new technology solutions, as required, for Elligo’s growing business.
- Troubleshoot and document issues and resolutions.
- Configure, release and support Elligo’s laptops and other devices.
- Support end users by managing help desk work orders and resolving them.
- Manage office-based wireless infrastructure and local AV equipment.
- Build internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals, etc.
- Support Elligo’s IT management staff in the development of policies, procedures, documentation and new technology needs.
QUALIFICATION AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other related discipline required or an equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the key responsibilities of the job.
- Proven experience as a system administrator, system support engineer or similar role.
- Experience working with end users and all levels of an organization.
- Experience with the following:
- Microsoft Office365 and related tools
- Various operating systems and laptop hardware such as Windows and MAC OS
- Wireless infrastructures
- Experience with the following is a plus:
- AWS or Aptible
- Security solutions such as Sophos and Ubiquiti firewalls
- Excellent analysis, problem solving and customer skills required.
- Excellent resourcefulness and communication skills.
- Being hands-on is a requirement. Must love to get their hands in all technology from laptops to cloud solution to business applications.
- Working knowledge of applications development in life sciences or healthcare industries.
- VPN troubleshooting and support experience
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and must work 37.5 hours each week to maintain full-time status. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Minimal travel (>10%) travel is required for this position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel. More in-depth information can be found in SOP's, working guidelines, policies, etc.
Elligo is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Elligo are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Elligo will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. In addition, Elligo will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.