Who We Are
Astronauts needed for a mission.
At the risk of sounding immodest, SecureLink may be the coolest company you've never heard of. After 14 years in business, we announced a strategic investment from Vista Equity Partners in 2017. Vista is the leading technology investment firm focusing exclusively on software, data, and technology-enabled companies. With our partners, existing customers, products and people, we are excited to launch the company to a higher orbit.
SecureLink is the leading platform for secure, remote support of enterprise software. Our customers are top-tier names in healthcare, gaming, government, retail, legal and other highly-regulated industries.
SecureLink's world headquarters in West Austin is called the Hill Country Spaceship - a great facility we believe you would be proud to call your workplace. https://www.securelink.com/about/tourthespaceship/
What You'll Do
We are looking for a Systems Engineer to help create and maintain the modern, scalable, secure, performant internal computing infrastructure for SecureLink that enables and optimizes business operations. As a member of the Information Security team, our Systems Engineer will uphold a pro-active security stance for both corporate and product technology. Responsible for the maintenance of the corporate computing environment and end-user support. Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Preserve security awareness and baselines in both customer and corporate systems as well as prioritizing needed security actions
- Maintain the operational state of the corporate computing environment, including owning deliverables for moves, changes, and additions across the company
- Work with the Systems Engineering Manager and company stakeholders to spec, design, and build new technology capabilities that support the business and its operations
- Ensure critical systems infrastructure is flexible, secure, modern, and available in particular, the SecureLink private cloud and its services
What You'll Need
- 2+ years experience in a role systems engineering, systems administration or software development role with distributed heterogeneous systems
- Problem severity discernment
- Self-motivated with a fundamental drive for learning and self-improvement
- Information security best practices and systematic troubleshooting methodologies
- Advanced understanding of MacOS, Linux and Windows administration, in particular, Enterprise Linux systems based on RedHat/CentOS
- Concrete understanding of software architecture models, such as n-tier applications
- Linux systems programming, in particular, bash and PythonAdvanced knowledge computing principles including new virtualization and clustering technologies such as pacemaker, corosync, DBRD, KVM
- Advanced knowledge networking principles including TCP/IP protocol and services
- Concrete competency with SQL and in particular PostgreSQL
- Understanding and basic competency for standard and next-gen open source firewalling and security services, in particular, IPTables, Snort/Suricata, ModSecurity, fail2ban
- Understanding and knowledge in dealing with complex infrastructures based on cloud technologies like Openstack/Ceph, AWS, Azure
- Knowledge and competency with Security tools such as BURP suite, Netsparker, Nessus, Nexpose, etc.
- Understanding and competency with network monitoring and visibility services such as ELK stack and Zabbix
- Knowledge and competency with orchestration and automation frameworks like Ansible
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Time and priority management
Why Choose Us
SecureLink doesn't just Have Fun Creating Value Over the Long Run (HFCV/LR) for our customers and shareholders, we Have Fun Creating Value in the lives and careers of our employees. Benefits and perks include:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance - SecureLink foots the whole bill for employees and subsidizes dependent coverage at 75%!
- Wellness: SecureLink kicks cash into your HSA, $2,500 for those with individual coverage and $5,000 for those with family coverage. Employees are provided with a standing desk, healthy snacks, and have free access to an onsite gym.
- Retirement: SecureLink contributes 3% of your annual base salary to a 401k.
- Time off: Employees receive unlimited PTO, including time to volunteer. Additionally, we offer 10 paid company holidays.
- Perks: Our onsite kitchen provides employees with healthy options for breakfast & lunch every day. We kick back $100 per month towards cell phone reimbursement.
- Workspace: Casual dress code for our employees, and you will see many people around wearing jeans, and yes – even t-shirts and the occasional pair of flip-flops.
Happy and successful SecureLink employees embrace the company's mission to have fun creating value over the long run. Great employees have three attributes that make them "slinky". These are 1) excellence at their position, 2) eagerness to grow and improve and 3) a true sense of responsibility to meaningfully contribute to the company, customers, and culture.
If you are just looking for another job, this is not the place for you. We like to laugh and be around happy, smart, interesting, self-motivated and "slinky" people. Slackers, grumps, and pessimists need not apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.