Talent Partnerships Manager at Literati
At Literati, we believe in the power of great books. We’re on a mission to curate transformative literary experiences for every reader: anyone who dreams, anyone who wonders, of any age.
Literati is the fastest-growing company in Arts + Literature in the United States and the #5 fastest growing company in Texas. Launching an innovative try-before-you-buy print book club for Kids in 2017, the company expanded in 2020 into hosting print and digital book clubs for the world's top authors, celebrities, and brands. Clients include: Sir Richard Branson, Stephen Curry, Malala, Susan Orlean, Jesmyn Ward, Cheryl Strayed, Elin Hilderbrand, Roxane Gay, and Austin Kleon. Lovingly referred to as Austin's "fiction factory" the company curates and fulfills over a million books per quarter.Job Description
As a Talent Partnerships Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining a strong relationship with a group of our talent partners (global thought leaders, authors, and heads of enterprise; we call them Luminaries). These Luminaries each lead a Literati book club, and your role will be to help ensure the ongoing success of these clubs and our strategic partnerships.
A successful candidate is highly detail-oriented, proactive, collaborative, and polished. You will be tasked with managing the day-to-day of the partnership as well as executing various projects cross functionally with both internal and external teams, advocating for partner needs with relevant internal stakeholders and vice versa. You will help coordinate monthly author + Luminary Q&A events (virtually and potentially in person) and may also assist with the Luminary book curation process when necessary. The Talent Partnerships Manager will have the opportunity to dig in on best practices, emerging trends, and strategic initiatives to help grow the Luminary book clubs and make each specific to the Luminary’s brand. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to work with top-tier talent to change the face of book clubs.Qualifications
WE’RE GOOD AT:
Bringing the fire. We are a startup, with all the fierce dedication and sparkling energy to accomplish great feats. Iron sharpens iron, and so we’ve refined our teams from only the strongest metals: open minds, bright ideas, and bold determination.
YOU’RE GOOD AT:
- Developing strong rapport and establishing trust with talent, senior executives, agents, and managers
- Delivering best practices to ensure the success of partnerships
- Sharing results - including successes and opportunities - directly to talent, agents, and/or managers
- Drafting partner quarterly business reviews to outline performance with Literati and to support recommendations for improvements
- Managing a heavy workload in a fast-paced environment while balancing and quickly prioritizing against multiple stakeholders
- Attention to the smallest of details
- Problem-solving, being resourceful, and the ability to stay calm under pressure
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential information
- Desire to keep abreast of industry developments, emerging trends, and competitive landscape & offerings as well as the priorities/other work of each of our Luminaries
YOU WILL NEED:
- BA or BS degree
- Minimum of 5 years experience working with talent; track record of launching and managing successful partnerships with talent
- Excellent communication, professional and interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of and passion for diversity, equity and inclusion is a bonus
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY WILL LOOK LIKE:
This is an individual contributor role, reporting to the Director of Talent Partnerships. No two days are the same, and this strategic partner manager will thrive in the startup environment. Besides overseeing the day-to-day management of select Luminaries and their book clubs, you will develop opportunities to streamline work, grow the book clubs and create unique magic for book club members through these partnerships.Additional Information
We seek people with drive and a touch of alchemy—and if that sounds like you, you should join us. Even if your experience isn’t a precise match for the role, passion and prowess will always win the day in our book. And if your career has taken you to some spectacular (or spectacularly strange) places? We love a good story.
At Literati, we value the power of reading for all: anyone who dreams, anyone who wonders, anyone of any age, from any background. We are dedicated to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness that sees, reflects, welcomes, and celebrates the innovation and talent of a diverse array of people.