Team Lead, System & Network Operations Center at Blackbaud
At Blackbaud, we’re here to help good take over. We lead uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, providing cloud software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to drive impact for social good. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, higher education institutions, K-12 schools, healthcare organizations, faith communities, arts and cultural organizations, foundations, companies, and the individual change agents who support them. With millions of users in 100+ countries, our vision is to power an Ecosystem of Good® that builds a better world. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them raise resources, deliver programs, manage operations, and understand their outcomes.
About the role:
Blackbaud is seeking a Team Lead to join and help transform our 24x7x365 IT Operations Center in our journey to a public cloud model. This role will cultivate a diverse, high-performing team that attracts, develops, recognizes and retains the best people. This person will drive high quality service, process improvement efforts, and identify opportunities for automation wherever possible, ensuring Service Level Agreements can be achieved and exceeded.
The IT Operations Center acts as the starting point into Blackbaud Operations, and is responsible for monitoring events, preventing and managing incidents, restoring service, fulfilling service requests, and maintaining access for Blackbaud’s 45,000+ clients.
The Operations Center is a 24x7x365 environment and operates on 3 shifts. Evening, overnight, weekend and holiday work is required.
What you’ll be doing:
- Supervise and train, in a coach/player role with approximately 4-6 direct reports of Operations Center Technicians
- Manage ticketing queues and engages in proactive monitoring of Blackbaud’s hosted infrastructure and applications
- Address technical and non-technical escalations and accurately escalate incidents and service requests beyond the scope or responsibility of the Operations Center
- Maintain response and resolution of cases/tickets received in queue against established Service Level Objectives and report on key metrics of availability, incident resolution and service delivery performance.
- Manage and document Standards, Policies, and Processes for the Operations Center including knowledge base articles
- Perform regular process improvement reviews to ensure ongoing optimization
- Work with vendors on issue resolution and communications
- Responsible for the process to effectively monitor all services that ensures compliance with Tier model and SLAs.
What we’ll want you to have:
- Must be able to work various shifts including evenings, overnights, weekends and holidays
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree or certification in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years relevant work experience, specifically in an Applications or Hosting provider Operations Center; previous leadership experience required.
- Advanced ability to work with internal/external clients, various operation support groups, vendors, and internet service providers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and adaptable to changing environments
- Exceptional capacity for owning issues through full resolution
- Practical experience with ITIL required; ITIL Foundations certificate preferred
Why you'll want to come work here:
- Our benefits are unmatched. Not only do we offer competitive salaries, 4 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and 401K match, we also provide endless community involvement opportunities to encourage our employees to give back, through our CSR programs like gift matching and volunteer for vacation.
- Blackbaud has been named to Forbes America's Best Employers for Diversity 2019, Forbes America’s Best Midsize Employer 2019, and AnitaB.org's Top Companies for Women Technologists 2018, we are rapidly growing and offer incredible opportunity for career advancement!
- We understand that people thrive in a culture focused on teamwork and purpose. That's why Blackbaud offers a tremendous company culture, encouraging open, collaborative working environments in all of our offices around the world, including; North America, Australia, the United Kingdom and Costa Rica.
- We have proven that we are one of the best technology companies to work for. Blackbaud has been ranked Best Technology Company in Charleston, SC for the fourth year in a row, and ranked by BuiltIn Austin as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX.
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.