Technical Account Manager II - United States
Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people’s intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance. Based in Austin, Texas, Forcepoint supports more than 20,000 organizations worldwide. For more about Forcepoint, visit www.Forcepoint.com and follow us on Twitter at @ForcepointSec.
The Customer Advocate is focused on maximizing the value of Forcepoint products and services for each of their customers. Exemplifying our corporate principles of being Trustworthy, Collaborative, Accountable, Respectful, Innovative, and Relentless, you will nurture customer relationships and seek to understand customer business objectives and challenges. As a Customer Advocate, you will serve as a primary escalation point for your accounts, push for timely technical support resolutions, and act as a sales enabler to drive retention and loyalty.
- Builds and maintains close customer relationships with Technical staff and Sr. Management.
- Collaborates with Forcepoint internal teams including Sales/SE, Support Delivery, Professional Services, Product Management, and Engineering.
- Develops a holistic view of each customer and proactively identifies areas where expansion opportunities exist and product value can be maximized.
- Leads technical escalation and management conference calls. Assumes a leadership role in providing case status updates to Forcepoint management, account teams and customers.
- Conducts and leads Customer Care account review meetings. Account reviews will include open case load trending and measurements of SLAs.
- Coordinates product Health Checks and provides maintenance best practices along with training recommendations.
- Maintains high level of awareness of service issues affecting the Forcepoint environment and proactively engages with customers to avoid potential interruptions and downtime.
- Identifies, facilitates, and ensures effective communication of all technical queries and problem resolution from the customer to corporate resources. May also be requested to function as a customer liaison when rolling out initiatives to ensure customer expectations are met/exceeded.
- Documents and manages action items, assigned owners, and timelines during a break/fix customer impact event. Ensures suitable levels of service personnel and activity during problem resolution at all locations.
- Drives corrective action plans, participates in Root Cause Analysis including incident and problem management activities, and clearly articulates next steps to the customer.
- Stays current on company and industry technologies
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned
You are a problem solver. You act boldly, take initiative, and are comfortable taking calculated risks to achieve successful outcomes for your customers. You value teamwork, collaboration, and transparent communication. You take pride in delivering high quality work product, demonstrate extreme levels of accountability, and are results driven. You are organized, curious, and passionate about building meaningful customer relationships.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Three years’ experience in a senior technical support role managing large enterprise or very large enterprise customers.
- Proven track record of managing customer expectations and ensuring the highest level of customer loyalty
- Problem solving – Ability to be resourceful and “figure things out”
- Self-confidence – Ability to express opinions and influence effectively
- Understands and can articulate Forcepoint’s value proposition to customers.
- Understands and can articulate the product line and architecture.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects under tight deadlines with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to articulate technical issues in a meaningful way to both team and executive level
- Wears the customer advocate hat at all times