Technical Account Manager
Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people’s intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance. Based in Austin, Texas, Forcepoint supports more than 20,000 organizations worldwide. For more about Forcepoint, visit www.Forcepoint.com and follow us on Twitter at @ForcepointSec.
The goal of the MCS Technical Account Manager is to ensure customer success, focusing both on reactive support and pro-active services to enable the customer to successfully deploy their Forcepoint solution set and achieve targeted business benefits. The TAM is the single point of contact for the customer and also all internal Forcepoint teams as he/she guides the customer through all phases of the Customer Experience Blueprint, providing expertise and guidance on leading best practices for a successful enterprise security solution. He/she serves as a strategic advisor to customers and provides product functionality, technology and implementation expertise by delivering a combination of technical consulting and project management skills.
- Diligently performs the on boarding of new MCS accounts as defined in the MCS playbook.
- Builds and grows relationships with both Technical staff and Sr. Management from the customer team.
- Ensures that the customer information page is updated with all the relevant account information such as Overview, meeting minutes, Architecture diagrams, Strategic Support Plan, Migration plan, and other miscellaneous documents as needed.
- Collaborates with Engineering and QA teams in Forcepoint to validate Deployment architectures and Sizing parameters.
- Conducts at a minimum a bi-weekly call with each of their accounts and provides the customer team a status update.
- Performs a quarterly review of the account with Sr. Management staff of the customer team.
- Owns, drives and tracks Hot Customer escalations, including partnering with the CritSit, Sustaining Engineering, Product Management teams.
- Ensures that all cases opened for their accounts are being actively worked and progressing towards an expeditious resolution.
- Contributes to team knowledge based on deployment lessons learned and unique issues experienced.
- Partners closely with Product Management to ensure that customer FR’s are logged and appropriately prioritized and also ensure that future product direction aligns with customer road map.
- Develops and mentors other TAMs to help improve their technical knowledge, project management skills, customer management skills, etc.
- Conducts on site audits/reviews as needed.
- Works on staying current on both the technology and product fronts.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- At least 4 years in technical product support or information systems environment supporting business-to-business customers.
- Prior experience supporting Forcepoint products preferred.
- Domain knowledge in networking security, systems administration, or similar required.
- Must have experience working directly with Enterprise Customer Support supporting Business customers.
- Demonstrated experience in a technical customer support environment and experience working with a networking vendor involving technical Support on appliance products is a must.
- Understands and can articulate entire product line and architecture.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues at a high level to determine appropriate path to resolution.