Technical Compliance Program Manager at MongoDB
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $106B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB is seeking an experienced Technical Compliance Program Manager to lead and build out MongoDB’s compliance program.
MongoDB aligns its practices to multiple compliance frameworks in order to support our customer’s needs. As we continue to grow, MongoDB is expanding to support more compliance frameworks. The Technical Compliance Program Manager will lead compliance efforts involving assessments with external auditors, perform gap analysis activities, inform internal stakeholders of their compliance requirements and assist in customer requests for compliance and security information.
The Technical Compliance Program Manager should be experienced in performing technical audits in several IT Security Related frameworks (i.e. PCI DSS, HITRUST CSF) and has a clear understanding of technical Cloud Security Controls.
This is a critically important role and a great opportunity to build out an internal compliance program and help scale MongoDB Inc. to support our customer’s needs. This position has significant growth potential and we’re looking for someone who is excited to take initiative and help lead. The role can be in-office or fully remote.Candidate Profile
The right candidate for this role will have:
- Minimum 5 years experience of performing or leading technical assessment to support compliance efforts
- A strong understanding of Cloud environments and Linux systems
- Technical understanding of IT Security Controls; experience with IT audit consulting is beneficial
- Previous experience and/or familiarity with PCI (i.e. PCI DSS, PA DSS, P2PE), HITRUST CSF and/or related compliance frameworks (i.e. SANS CC, CIS, NIST)
- The ability to work in a fast-paced tech environment, managing multiple large scale projects simultaneously
- Ability to communicate clearly to various levels of management (including executive management), across various business functions (including engineering)
- PCI QSA, PCI ISA, CISSP, CCSP, AWS Solutions Architect certifications welcome but not required
- An entrepreneurial spirit -- you enjoy challenges across broad range of disciplines
- Experience interfacing with technical and non-technical persons on Compliance and Security Topics
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Information Security, Information Systems Management, Information Technology Auditing or related relevant field
- Interface with MongoDB product managers to drive compliance requirements
- Interface with and Lead projects involving external auditors
- Develop and deliver Technical Compliance Training
- Perform periodic internal audits, assessments and reviews, as needed
- Own and respond to customer compliance and security information requests
- Develop metrics to measure the compliance program
- Define roadmaps and necessary capabilities for future compliance needs
- Be the subject matter expert on Compliance Efforts for MongoDB Inc.
- Assist in adjusting existing relevant policies to align company objectives with compliance needs
The Technical Compliance Program Manager will be successful in this role when they can execute the following strategic tasks:
- People: Collaborate with leads to understand our customer's compliance requests and necessary gaps to address
- Organization: Ability to manage multiple parallel efforts and prioritize resources based upon understanding and interpreting business needs
- Communication: Successfully communicate your recommendations and rationale to both technical and non-technical management
- Research: Gather and analyze feedback from internal stakeholders and develop pragmatic recommendations with respect to compliance initiatives
- Customer Service: Ensure MongoDB’s Compliance Program operates efficiently with minimal interruption to MongoDB teams Provide great customer service when interfacing with other MongoDB Teams
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.