Technical Enablement Manager
About the Company
The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see things not ordinarily possible and the ability to collect insights from a multitude of vantage points. As organizations rely more on cloud services and the Internet, the network has become a black box they can't understand. ThousandEyes gives organizations visibility into experience from every user to every app over any network. ThousandEyes is used by some of the world's largest and fastest growing brands, including all of the top 5 global software companies, 5 of the top 6 US banks, and 60+ of the Fortune 500. ThousandEyes is backed by Sequoia Capital, Sutter Hill Ventures, Tenaya Capital, Google Ventures and Salesforce Ventures, with headquarters in San Francisco, CA.
About the role
The Technical Sales Enablement Manager will report to the VP of Product Marketing. In this position, you will be responsible for ensuring field sales roles are well-equipped with the technical, industry and solution knowledge needed to be effective in discovery, qualification and challenging. In close consultation and collaboration with the sales leadership and sales enablement organization, the Technical Sales Enablement Manager will develop and deliver a comprehensive technical field sales readiness program, including a framework, learning journeys and roadmap. This individual will be essential to the onboarding, ramp, and productivity of field sales employees in the global sales organization.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Translate technical, industry, eco-system and solution learning topics into sales-ready training curriculum, offerings, and programs
- Define a continuous technical learning journey model for sales personnel that takes them from onboarding though competence to currency and fluency
- Lead the design, development, and delivery of technical sales training materials globally
- Partner with internal subject matter experts, vendors, and third-parties as needed
- Assist in the development of a master plan and calendar for field sales enablement activities
- Design and implement metrics to measure training programs’ impact, effectiveness, and utility
- Implement variety of training mediums: podcasts, webinars, classroom, self-paced, remote, etc.
- Assess and evaluate individuals as well as the overall program
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of IP networking technology, industry, products and solutions
- Preference for strong knowledge of network monitoring solutions
- 5 years of experience in a technical role: PMM, PM, SE, technical trainer, support, etc.
- Experience with a variety of design tools
- Experience developing curricula
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage without direct authority
- Ability to maintain curriculum in a Learning Management System
- Effective program and project management skills
- Self-starter and self-sufficient; history of producing exceptional work with minimal supervision
- Outgoing personality. Should be able to develop great and trusting relationships
- Strong collaborative partner with ability to work with multiple teams
- Ability to travel regionally and internationally to directly train and coach a distributed sales team
- Critical thinker, intellectually curious
- Technical degree or equivalent experience: engineering, computer science, etc. preferred.