Technical Operations Analyst (L2-L3 Support) at SecureLink
Who We Are
Astronauts needed for a mission.
At the risk of sounding immodest, SecureLink may be the coolest company you've never heard of. After 14 years in business, we announced a strategic investment from Vista Equity Partners in 2017. Vista is the leading technology investment firm focusing exclusively on software, data, and technology-enabled companies. With our partners, existing customers, products and people, we are excited to launch the company to a higher orbit.
SecureLink is the leading platform for secure, remote support of enterprise software. Our customers are top-tier names in healthcare, gaming, government, retail, legal and other highly-regulated industries.
SecureLink's world headquarters in West Austin is called the Hill Country Space Ship - a great facility we believe you would be proud to call your workplace. https://www.securelink.com/about/tourthespaceship/
What You'll Do
Technical Operation Analysts are responsible for ensuring our customer deployment base is operational and functioning within expectations. In this role, you'll interact with customers to establish, fix, or expand their SecureLink deployment. In a nutshell, this role is all about providing excellent support through the entire life-cycle of a customer and interacting with all necessary internal teams to do so. This provides a unique experience as the position allows you to become technically versed in many areas. Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Research and address incoming (phone calls, emails, or case files) problem reports and service requests from customers
- Maintain detailed case records containing actionable problem statements, impact assessments, and priority levels
- Provide regular status updates to customer and account team throughout the duration of case lifecycle
- Document solutions, root cause and preventative measures for customer-oriented issues.
- Verify features, fixes, and resolutions to break-fix issues in the customer production environment.
- Perform patching and upgrades to new versions in the customer production environment.
- Participate in cross-functional teams and projects to deploy new SecureLink customers and environments
- Provide general product information, configuration support, collection of relevant technical problem identification information, and filter non-technical problems from technical problems
- Address escalations from customers and internal teams and ensure SecureLink remains strong in its commitment to customer success
- Provide focused communication with customers/partners that is professional and timely, primarily via the phone and case management system
- Assist in maintaining accurate and up-to-date knowledgebase and documentation to share with team members
- Play an active role in the development of the organization by participating in process development and other team improvement projects
- Work with the Technical Operations team to ensure issues reported in the customer base are resolved in a timely professional manner
- Work with the Technical Operations Manager to ensure bugs found in the field are reproduced, documented, and receive appropriate visibility
- Coordinate with the PMO to ensure customer projects and services are delivered in a timely and correct manner and requirements are well understood
- Work with the Sales and Account Management organization to ensure customer's technological expectations are well managed concerning the customer's current or new deployment
- May occasionally require work outside of normal office hours and/or 24x7 on-call availability
What You'll Need
- Problem severity discernment
- Systematic Troubleshooting methodologies
- Excellent customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic understanding of software architecture models such as n-tier applications
- Basic understanding of Linux and Windows administration
- Concrete understanding of computing, security, and networking basics
- Basic competency with SQL
- Time and priority management
- Case/Ticket management experience
Why Choose Us
SecureLink doesn't just Have Fun Creating Value Over the Long Run (HFCV/LR) for our customers and shareholders, we Have Fun Creating Value in the lives and careers of our employees. Benefits and perks include:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance - SecureLink foots the whole bill for employees and subsidizes dependent coverage at 75%!
- Wellness: SecureLink kicks cash into your HSA, $2,500 for those with individual coverage and $5,000 for those with family coverage. Employees are provided with a standing desk, healthy snacks, and have free access to an onsite gym.
- Retirement: SecureLink contributes 3% of your annual base salary to a 401k.
- Time off: Employees receive unlimited PTO, including time to volunteer. Additionally, we offer 10 paid company holidays.
- Perks: Our onsite kitchen provides employees with healthy options for breakfast & lunch every day. We kick back $100 per month towards cell phone reimbursement.
- Workspace: Casual dress code for our employees, and you will see many people around wearing jeans, and yes – even t-shirts and the occasional pair of flip-flops.
Happy and successful SecureLink employees embrace the company's mission to have fun creating value over the long run. Great employees have three attributes that make them "slinky". These are 1) excellence at their position, 2) eagerness to grow and improve and 3) a true sense of responsibility to meaningfully contribute to the company, customers, and culture.
If you are just looking for another job, this is not the place for you. We like to laugh and be around happy, smart, interesting, self-motivated and "slinky" people. Slackers, grumps, and pessimists need not apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.