Technical Operations Analyst at DISCO
DISCO is a legal tech software company. Our objective is to own the legal tech market and become the leader in legal as Salesforce has done in the sales technology space. Given the massive growth of data over the last 20 years, poorly built legal technology products have severely decreased lawyers' ability to practice the law.
Our fundamental mission includes building a unified technology platform for the practice of law, composed of 7+ products released over the next 10 years. Great technology can solve problems of scale in data, in laws, and in business operations that have distracted lawyers from doing what they went to law school to do. DISCO is fixing the law by automating the parts of the practice that can be automated so that great lawyers can focus on tasks that really do require human legal judgment.
To date, we have substantially disrupted the legal tech market with a lawyer inspired consumer-grade interface and a cloud-enabled technology platform that offers unprecedented performance and cost savings. Thoughtful product planning and product design are core tenets in our “product first” business strategy and culture.What You'll Do
- Build ad-hoc and automated reporting from multiple sources, including Elasticseach, SQL, Snowflake, REST APIs, and logging systems
- Build and maintain ETLs utilizing Python and SQL
- Develop dashboards in Quicksight to provide critical insight into the business
- Develop creative technical solutions to problems the business faces daily
- Proactively build processes and procedures to help make the team more efficient
- Work with clients, engineering, project managers, and other groups within DISCO to resolve technical problems and/or client concerns
- Proactively contribute to improvements in documentation and our product
- Help define business and technical requirements for improving the day to day activities of the department and building the solutions where possible
- Display professionalism, quality service, and a “can-do” attitude to internal members/departments of DISCO as well as external clients and vendors via written and verbal communication
- Field requests from the client services organization and work with engineering teams to see the requests through to resolution
- Analyze client’s needs, fully understand their requirements and assess severity and priority for delivering solutions
- Communicate effectively with the executive team
The ideal candidate will have a passion for solving problems and creating highly satisfied customers. The role requires excellent technical skills in order to understand and address issues in Disco’s applications. The role also requires the ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical users and be able to translate requirements from the services organization to the engineering teams.
- 5+ years of experience in technical operations or equivalent role
- Strong interest in technology with excellent problem-solving skills, with an initiative to research and craft creative technical solutions
- Ability to create and optimize a SQL database and generate insights from data
- ETL expert able to use creativity to work with multiple sources of data and cleanse it for use in creating insights
- Strong skills working with Python, especially with building automation and ETLs
- Working knowledge of Linux/Bash and shell scripting
- Strong presentation and communication skills (written and verbal) to interact effectively with coworkers, clients, and executives
- Attention to detail, strong organization, and client-service orientation skills
- Ability to empathize with and advocate for our customers
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and teach others
- BS in Technology or Business fields; or equivalent work experience in technical roles / ediscovery roles
- Experience with any of the following; Salesforce, Jira, Elasticsearch, Git, AWS S3, AWS Athena, AWS Lambdas
- Experience with Business Intelligence platforms, such as Quicksight, Snowflake, Tableau, Looker
- Prior litigation support or consulting experience a plus
- Work at an exciting and rapidly growing Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company with a unique platform in the Legal industry
- We use the latest cloud technology to deliver our software to the consumer
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Many high-profile clients offer a rewarding challenge for people who love to make clients happy
DISCO provides a cloud-native, artificial intelligence-powered legal solution that simplifies ediscovery, legal document review and case management for enterprises, law firms, legal services providers and governments. Our scalable, integrated solution enables legal departments to easily collect, process and review enterprise data that is relevant or potentially relevant to legal matters.
In 2020, 171 law firms in the 2020 AmLaw 200 used DISCO in the course of legal work on behalf of their clients. More than 800 enterprises, law firms, legal services providers and government organizations are DISCO customers.
Are you ready to revolutionize the practice of law? Join us!Perks of DISCO
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401(k) (EU coming soon)
- Competitive salary plus stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunity to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the legal industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.