Technical Operations Support Specialist at SecureLink
Who We Are
At SecureLink, we take our job seriously, but ourselves, not so much. We aren't afraid of a challenge and understand the individual and team effort required to accomplish something great! SecureLink's world headquarters in West Austin is called the Hill Country Spaceship - a great facility we believe you would be proud to call your workplace.
Founded in 2003, SecureLink doesn't just offer products – we provide partnerships. We have the knowledge, existing relationships, and expertise to make the maximum impact on our customers' business. This, and our "failure is not an option" mindset, is what has led to us solidifying our place as the leaders in managing secure third-party remote access and remote support for both highly regulated enterprise organizations and technology vendors.
After 14 years in business, we announced a strategic investment from Vista Equity Partners, the leading technology investment firm focusing exclusively on software, data, and technology-enabled companies. Since then, we have nearly tripled our revenue, earning a place on the Inc. 5000 list of the U.S.'s fastest-growing privately-owned companies three years in a row. During that same period, we've proudly maintained our strong culture, recently being recognized with a Glassdoor Employees' Choice Award. In 2020, we announced an added partnership from Cove Hill which will position us to accelerate our growth and further advance product innovation.
This position is expected to be filled in the Austin area even though our team is fully distributed for the time being. We are continuously evaluating our return to the office with the safety of our employees and their families at top of mind.
What You'll Do
This role requires "RockStar", detail-oriented, people that are all about providing "5-Star Service" throughout the entire life-cycle of a customer! As a Technical Operations Support Specialist, you are a member of a team responsible for ensuring our deployment base for our customers is operational and functioning within expectations.
In this crucial role, you'll interact with customers (via email or phone), to establish, fix, or expand their SecureLink deployment when needed! In this role, you WILL become technically versed in many areas! Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Research and address incoming questions and service requests from customers, providing focused communication. (via case files, emails or phone call)
- Address escalations from customers and internal teams and ensure SecureLink remains strong in its commitment to customer success!
- Maintain detailed case records containing actionable next steps, impact assessments, and priority levels
- Provide regular status updates to customers throughout the duration of the case lifecycle, Including verify features, fixes, and resolutions to break-fix issues in the customer production environment.
- Perform patching and upgrades to new versions in the customer environment as needed.
- Participate in cross-functional team discussions and projects to deploy new SecureLink services to customers
- Provide general "how-to" product information, configuration support, collection of relevant technical problem information, and filter non-technical problems from technical problems
- Play an active role in the development of the organization by participating in process development and other team improvement projects
- Work with the Customer Support team to ensure issues reported in the customer base are resolved in a timely professional manner
- Work with the Technical Operations Manager to ensure bugs found in the field are reproduced, documented, and receive appropriate visibility
- Coordinate customer maintenance events with the Project Management team to ensure customer projects and services are correctly delivered in a timely manner and requirements are well understood
- Work with the Sales and Account Management organizations to ensure customer's technological expectations are well managed on current or new customer deployments
- Accommodate schedule/shift changes as needed (i.e. customer outages)
What You'll Need
- Passion for customer service and problem resolution
- Case/Ticket management experience
- History of success in a team environment
- Ability to quickly identify root-cause and triage
- Time and priority management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Systematic Troubleshooting methodologies
- Basic understanding of software architecture models such as n-tier applications, as well as Linux and Windows administration
- Concrete understanding of computing, security, and networking basics
- Basic competency with SQL
Why Choose Us
SecureLink doesn't just Have Fun Creating Value Over the Long Run (HFCV/LR) for our customers and shareholders, we Have Fun Creating Value in the lives and careers of our employees. Benefits and perks include:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance - SecureLink foots the whole bill for employees and subsidizes dependent coverage at 75%!
- Wellness: SecureLink kicks cash into your HSA, $2,500 for those with individual coverage and $5,000 for those with family coverage. Employees are provided with a standing desk, healthy snacks, and have free access to an onsite gym.
- Retirement: SecureLink contributes 3% of your annual base salary to a 401k.
- Time off: Employees receive unlimited PTO, including time to volunteer. Additionally, we offer 10 paid company holidays.
- Perks: Our onsite kitchen provides employees with healthy options for breakfast & lunch every day. We kick back $100 per month towards cell phone reimbursement.
- Workspace: Casual dress code for our employees, and you will see many people around wearing jeans, and yes – even t-shirts and the occasional pair of flip-flops.
Happy and successful SecureLink employees embrace the company's mission to have fun creating value over the long run. Great employees have three attributes that make them "slinky". These are 1) excellence at their position, 2) eagerness to grow and improve and 3) a true sense of responsibility to meaningfully contribute to the company, customers, and culture.
If you are just looking for another job, this is not the place for you. We like to laugh and be around happy, smart, interesting, self-motivated and "slinky" people. Slackers, grumps, and pessimists need not apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.