Technical Support Consultant
Are you an experienced help desk technician that loves spending time with family and friends enjoying food and drink? How would you like to work for a company that serves those who serve you and your family?
The Compeat Team builds software to serve those who work their tails off in the Restaurant Industry. We want to make their lives easier. Come help US help THEM!
What we're looking for:
The Compeat Technical Support Consultant plays a critical role in providing Compeat customers with quality technical support. As part of the Technical Support team, the Technical Support Consultant will provide customer support via phone, email, and internal ticketing systems, assisting both during installation of Compeat software and throughout the customer experience.
Location: Austin, Texas
What is Compeat?
We are one vendor, one contact, one login. That is what our customers love. We are the only restaurant management software that provides a full end to end solution. From back office and accounting to workforce management and payroll, we make it simple and we integrate it all. We’ve been in business for 16 years and provide service for over 7,000 restaurants. Our customers range from restaurants with 1 or 2 locations to hundreds of locations, from boutique fine dining to national chains and everything in between.
- Provide prompt technical support to clients via email, phone, and internal ticketing systems; assist with installation, configuration, and maintenance of Compeat software on customer workstations.
- Implement point-of-sale (POS) interfaces for new customers
- Install POS polling software on customer hardware where applicable
- Configure polling connections in Compeat Advantage
- Troubleshoot polling integration scripts with product development team
- Contribute to internal knowledge base, ensuring systems and processes are well-documented
- Additional duties as needed.
The Ideal Skills and Qualifications:
- 1-2 years’ experience as a help desk technician or other customer support role
- Proficiency with Windows operating systems (7, 10) and applications; experience with Windows Server (2008, 2012, 2016) and associated roles and features are highly desired
- Familiar with remote access software
- Familiar with Firewalls
- IT and technical background
- Familiar with standard data exchange formats and processes (API, EDI, SQL, FTP)
- Familiarity with at least one major POS system (Aloha, Micros, Positouch, etc.)
- Familiar with internal ticketing systems – Salesforce and/or Jira experience a plus
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve technical issues; excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail are a must
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, proactively prioritizing and addressing issues to maintain SLAs
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service and problem-solving skills
- Experience working successfully within a team environment player with a willingness to help others
- Excellent time management
- Highly organized
- Self-motivated and highly professional demeanor
Why join us?
In exchange for your hard work you can expect to work in a fun, casual environment that cultivates creative thinking and teamwork. We also believe in a work-life balance. We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Come join us and have some fun!