Technical Support Consultant at Compeat
Technical Support Consultant
Compeat is a leading provider of restaurant back office, workforce, and accounting software. We’re growing rapidly and we are looking to expand our Polling team with additional Technical Support Consultant.
Compeat Technical Support Consultants play a critical role in providing Compeat customers with quality technical support. As part of the Technical Support team, the Technical Support Consultant will provide support both during installation of Compeat software and throughout the customer experience. As much as this position leans towards the technical side, it is critical you are someone who understands and subscribes to customer service principles.
You are the fixer, our customer’s life-line when things aren’t going right. Your job is to provide prompt technical support to clients via email, phone, and internal ticketing systems; assist with installation, configuration, and maintenance of Compeat software on customer workstations.
What You’ll Do:
- Implementation point-of-sale (POS) interfaces for new customers
- Installation of POS polling software on customer hardware where applicable
- Configuring polling connections in Compeat Advantage
- Troubleshooting polling integration scripts with product development team
- Contributing to internal knowledge base, ensuring systems and processes are well-documented
What You’ll Need:
- 1-2 years’ experience as a help desk technician or other customer support role
- Proficiency with Windows operating systems (7, 10) and applications; experience with Windows Server (2008, 2012, 2016) and associated roles and features are highly desired
- Familiar with remote access software
- IT and technical background
- Familiar with standard data exchange formats and processes (API, EDI, SQL, FTP)
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve technical issues
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, proactively prioritizing and addressing issues to maintain SLAs
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service and problem-solving skills
Nice to Have Qualifications:
- Restaurant management experience (we are Restaurant Peeps and Technology Geeks, after all); familiarity with at least one major POS system (Aloha, Micros, Positouch, etc.) is strongly preferred
- Familiar with internal ticketing systems – Salesforce and/or Jira experience a plus
- Familiar with Firewalls
- Understanding of Basic Accounting and Finance terms
- Experience working successfully within a team environment - a team player with a willingness to help others
- Excellent time management
- Highly organized
- Self-motivated and highly professional demeanor
Who are we?
Compeat Restaurant Management Systems was founded in 2000 and is headquartered in Austin, Texas. Over the last 19 years we have installed restaurant management software for hundreds of customers in thousands of restaurant locations across the US and Canada. Compeat software is running in every type of restaurant ranging in size from high volume independents to large chain operators. Compeat is the industry leading provider of end-to-end software solutions including accounting, inventory management, business intelligence, and mobile apps.
Compeat Hiring Practices:
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location where the candidate is applying.
Compeat doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Compeat.