Technical Support Engineer - Americas
Plivo is a cloud communications platform that empowers businesses to connect, engage and interact with their customers in a more efficient and meaningful way.
Plivo’s mission is to simplify business communications. Thousands of businesses around the globe including IBM, Workday, Godaddy, and Lifesize rely on Plivo to power their voice and SMS communications at global scale.
Founded in 2011, Plivo has over 180 employees across its US and India offices. Plivo is part of YCombinator and is backed by prominent investors, including Andreessen Horowitz and Battery Ventures.
Plivo has been profitable for the past four years, an unusual milestone for companies of this scale. Plivo’s success has landed it among the leading, global CPaaS (Communications Platform as a Service) companies and at the cutting edge of the CPaaS sector, which is estimated to grow to $10.9 billion by 2022.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Investigate, troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve technical issues for customers
- Train and coach engineers on an ongoing basis
- Work with our Product Management and Engineering teams to identify and drive improvements in our existing products
- Contribute in developing technical content and IPs such as knowledge base articles, sample scripts, proof of concept, diagnostic tools etc
- 2-4 years of experience in a client-facing, technical role
- Experience working in a team, and ability to advise on improvements for the team
- Strong knowledge of RESTful API’s with the ability to understand and troubleshoot issues with cloud solutions
- Strong knowledge of SQL, Networking (TCP/UDP/IP), and HTTP understanding and hands-on on at least one of the programming languages (Ruby, Python, PHP, Java, DotNet)
- Knowledge of Linux commands is a plus
- Obsessed with customer support and delighting the customers
- Business data analysis and good skills in tools such as MS Excel and Google sheets
- Willing to work on weekends
Perks and Benefits
- Ownership driven culture
- Company-paid medical insurance
- Health, vision and 401K benefits
- Generous vacation policy
Read Full Job Description