The Customer Support Team solves complicated problems and answers technical inquiries via phone, email, chat, and social media. Whether it is a Wordpress blogger using our services for free or a global Enterprise business with petabytes of web traffic, our team is always eager to assist. We are the eyes and ears of Cloudflare, acting as the real-time voice of the customer to help communicate their needs and real-world use cases back to the rest of the company - to help build a better service and future product development.What You’ll do
Do you love solving complex problems and interacting with people? Are you passionate about helping customers and are a standout colleague? Cloudflare is seeking a Technical Customer Support Engineer to join our team. You will work directly with our customers and cross-functionally to solve a variety of technical issues. This is a position where you will learn the inner workings of Cloudflare's products and gain a deeper understanding of internet technologies.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- 2-4 years experience working within a Technical/Customer Support team solving various issues
- Fundamental understanding how the Internet works (OSI Model)
- Experience troubleshooting DNS, SSL/TLS, HTTP, and network related issues
- Fundamental understanding of what a proxy is, how it works, and configurations involved
- You possess a web development, hosting and customer support background
- Extensive experience with command line and command line tools including curl, dig, traceroute, openssl, git, tcpdump
- Experience installing and configuring web servers like Apache, Nginx, and IIS
- Hands-on experience with Linux/Mac/Windows Operating Systems
- You have strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- You are self-driven and capable of teaching yourself new technologies/systems/features with little guidance
- Passionate about working in Support, helping customers, and being a team player
Availability and Schedule Requirements
- Flexibility to work varying work schedules including; Pacific & Central time, holidays, weekends, more than 5 days in a row, additional hours
- Ability to work on-site as needed out of one of our US based offices
- You are familiar with Cloudflare and have a site actively using our platform
- You have the ability to read and write in multiple languages
- You are comfortable with popular CRM/CMS solutions
Super Bonus Points
- You are fluent and can troubleshoot in Mandarin, Spanish, and Portuguese
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
220.127.116.11: We released 18.104.22.168 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.