As a Technical Support Engineer, you will serve as a technical resource to the Customer Success team pre and post-sale in order to scope out any customization work and ensure a seamless onboarding experience. In addition, you will assist customers with any technical issues they encounter by troubleshooting and working with the Engineering team to remediate.
Who you are:
You love troubleshooting issues and thrive on variety. Getting to the bottom of an issue and resolving it is extremely satisfying to you. Whether it's for your co-workers or a customer, you truly enjoy using your technical skills to help people. You are passionate about automation and are always looking for ways to make your job and others' easier. People know they can always count on you.Who we are:
AlertMedia has disrupted the mass notification industry and become its technology leader, now serving some of the largest and most respected companies in the world. Our emergency communication software and monitoring services enable organizations to keep their people safe, informed, and connected. Customers in telecom, healthcare, transportation, energy, manufacturing, government and education are using the AlertMedia platform for emergency communication, regular business communication, and operational activities such as scheduling, dispatching, and other logistics.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our wave of momentum and take our company, and your career, to the next growth stage. We'd love to get to know you better and share how we serve our amazing customers. For more information please visit www.alertmedia.com.
What you will do:
- Work with Customer Success Managers and Engineering team to accelerate the transition from post-sales to onboarding
- Identify and solve any technical errors or challenges during the lifetime of the customer
- Effectively managing customer expectations - develop, foster and maintain trusted advisor relationship to establish and maintain credibility
- Build technical proficiency across AlertMedia products and supported integrations. Share knowledge with others as appropriate through the creation of technical notes and/or training documents
- Develop, foster and maintain effective working relationships internally through collaboration with Engineering and Product Management as an advocate customer feature requests and identification of product improvement opportunities
- Provide pre-sales technical assistance to customers through project scoping and identification of capabilities based on customer need
- Act as a technical resource for core product features and manage technical screen shares with customers for initial set up and ongoing support, maintenance, etc.
- Act as level three technical support for the Customer Success team to help troubleshoot & recreate customer issues to determine root cause.
- Troubleshoot and debug web-based software using browser developer tools
- B B.A. or B.S. degree preferred, bonus points for Computer Science or Engineering
- 2+ years technical experience in a SaaS company
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident (We will not sponsor at this time)
- Minimum of 1 year working with Windows IT-related concepts, such as file system, registry and Active Directory. PowerShell a plus.
- Experience using REST API’s and scripting with Python or similar language preferred
- Experience troubleshooting technical problems, interfacing with engineering on potential issues, and communicating with the customer through problem resolution
- Experience leading technical customer onboarding
- Ability to accurately scope, plan, and estimate level of effort for tasks, with appropriate balance of risk and effort.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Motivated by customer success and willingness to roll up sleeves to exceed customer expectations
What we offer:
- Competitive base salary + company-wide bonus program based on collective success
- Stock options- Be a shareholder in the company
- Competitive PTO + holidays to enjoy balance
- Health benefits- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance 100% paid for employees
- An exciting and positive work environment
AlertMedia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.