Coder is a remote-first company, with our home base in Austin, TX.
Coder is on a mission to build the best products available for developers. Currently our Customer Success team is looking to hire a Technical Support Engineer to provide reactive product support for Coder Enterprise and Coder Cloud. We are a startup so your responsibilities will be both broad and deep - and we’re moving very quickly so you’ll need to prioritize effectively and establish lightweight processes to ensure you’re making the best use of your time and resources to propel Coder forward.
- Work independently and/or collaboratively with internal teams as well as our clients to resolve concerns, issues, and questions in a professional and timely manner. This will include integrating and troubleshooting cases of medium to high complexity
- Answer all support tickets submitted via ZenDesk and/or through [email protected]
- Troubleshoot, escalate, and resolve all support tickets
- Work with Technical Account Managers on managing customer expectations
- Report trends on issues being identified and work with Product to remediate
- Write 'How-To' guides and participate in public forums
- Define and improve internal processes and documentation while identifying opportunities for product improvements
- Explain technical concepts to a wide range of audiences (technical and non-technical, internal and external teams)
You may be a fit for the role if you:
- 5+ years relevant experience supporting a distributed software technology in a Windows and Mac, or Linux environment
- 5+ years experience working as a system/devops engineers within an open source environment
- 2+ years working with and supporting external customers
- Strong background working with and supporting containers/container orchestration/Kubernetes
- Excellent analysis and debugging skills
- Strong core networking skills
- Experience troubleshooting and supporting open-source software
- Experience administrating applications in the cloud (AWS, Azure, OpenStack)
- Experience working on highly available systems
- Knowledge of Linux software packaging, distribution and configuration
- Experience troubleshooting SSL issues and certificate issuance
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- Sense of urgency
- Ability to work with customers over zoom and other virtual conferencing software
- Are a certified Kubernetes Administrator
If you do not meet the above criteria, but still believe that you can deliver results, please write a brief description detailing how you intend to do that.
What Makes Coder Different?
Coder is an engineering-first organization. Our product is built by engineers, for engineers. We’re committed to building an organization and product optimized for engineering happiness. You can expect a fast-paced workflow and minimal meetings.
Our basic requirements for employment are:
- A passion for your craft
- A desire to be successful
Humanity is the ability to make your peers and partners happy to work with you. This includes being social and open with your coworkers and building deep trusts. In a remote company you don't get this for free, you have to intentionally work for it.
Efficiency is the tendency to optimize your time:output. It is linked with workflow-obsession and maximal utilization of tools.
Feedback is the tendency to seek external validation. That means measuring over assuming. This is linked with reduced cycle times and iterative approaches.
Read Full Job Description