Who We Are
Ontic is the first protective intelligence software company to digitally transform how Fortune 500 and emerging enterprises proactively address physical threat management to protect employees, customers and assets. Ontic’s SaaS-based platform collects and connects threat indicators to provide a comprehensive view of potential threats while surfacing critical knowledge so companies can assess and action more to maintain business continuity and reduce financial impact. Ontic also provides strategic consulting, multidimensional services, education and thought leadership for safety and security professionals at major corporations via its Center for Protective Intelligence. For more information please visit ontic.co
As Ontic employees, we put our mission first and value the trust bestowed upon us by our clients to help keep their people safe. We approach both our clients and each other with empathy while focusing on the execution of our strategy. And we have fun doing it.
Who You Are
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer who possesses excellent business judgment and critical thinking. You are the ideal candidate if you have the ability to perform independently as well as cross-functionally and demonstrate flexibility in a collaborative, dynamic fast-paced start up SaaS environment. You know how to prioritize and drive multiple initiatives to conclusion independently and in a timely manner. You must be self-motivated, self-reliant, and confident; and have a good sense of humor and the ability to adapt to a dynamic and exciting environment. This role reports to our Chief Product Officer and is based in our Austin, Texas headquarters.
What You Should Have
- 4-6 years experience in a technical support and infrastructure role
- Hands on with excel programming (macros/VBA)
- REST APIs (also cookies/headers)
- Hands on curl and postman as tools
- Working experience with Elastic search/mongodb queries
- Experience in automation/performance load testing is plus
- Experience working with an international team
- Working knowledge of JIRA
- Engage and respond to every support ticket raised by Customer
- Troubleshoot any issue raised by customer, success, product, sales, SIT
- Manage customer environment config requests. Org creation, property enablement/disablement
- Help in import/export any custom data in our platform
- Support creating custom templates in customer environment, sales environment on demand basis.
- Validate QA signed off features from customer perspective, and sign off so that respective people can communicate to customer.
- Report KPIs/SLAs for ticket, infra, app logs
- Provide customer code solutions for specific customers needs and to augment productized solutions.
- Work with our R&D team to resolve complex matters
- Gather and analyze information, evaluate impacts, resolve or escalate issues as needed
- Manage customer and internal stakeholders’ expectations around resolutions and timelines
- Ensure support service level agreements (SLAs) are managed and met
Ontic Benefits & Perks
Medical, Vision & Dental Benefits
Flexible PTO Policy
Monthly ME (Mental Escape) day for all employees
Generous Parental Leave policy
Home Office Stipend
Mobile Phone & Home Internet Reimbursement
Anniversary & Milestone Celebrations
Ontic is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors protected by applicable law.
Read Full Job Description