Technical Support L1 (1st shift - Domain)
*No Remote Positions Available*What's Cool About This Job
As a Technical Support L1, you'll be providing support to our customers primarily using live chat, but also over the phone and via support tickets. You will serve as the first point of contact for our customers, supporting all of their WordPress questions and needs. You will develop a deep technical knowledge of the various open source technologies which deliver amazing digital experiences for our customers.
WP Engine cares about you, meaning that we invest in both personal and professional development. Our mission is to develop you to your full potential and work with you through each stage of your career. We like to promote people within our business, and many of those folks started out in technical support. We recognize and reward talent, at WP Engine the best get better. If you are a self-motivator seeking a challenge and can think creatively, then this role is for you!Your Impact
- You will be the face of our company and have an opportunity to deliver a world-class experience with every interaction with our customers on our live contact channels of chat and phone.
- You'll get to apply creative problem-solving techniques to identify and solve the source of problems while keeping our customers happy and engaged.
- Demonstrate commitment to continuous learning, to grow technical knowledge to better support our customers as well as strengthening your own technical skillset.
- Help maintain a great team and working environment by assisting fellow team members. We are a global inclusive team, and we work together!
- Demonstrate a positive attitude when faced with change, working with your teammates and with our customers.
- 1-2 years of experience working in technical support or a customer service position.
- Open source content management systems.
- WordPress: knowledge of WordPress, Plugins, and Themes.
- Knowledge of DNS and SSL.
- You understand the usage of file systems and the tools for remotely managing web content on a web or file server.
- Knowledge of Linux Command Line.
- You have experience with StudioPress and/or the Genesis framework.
- You have previous experience with online Chat and/or instant messaging tools.
- You have previously worked with customers via phone support.
- Understanding of the core error codes associated with web hosting (eg. 404 etc)
- Positive Energy and enthusiasm. You believe in our values.
- Technical Aptitude: You demonstrate a keen knowledge of, and passion for, web technology or digital experiences. You are someone who learns quickly and takes ownership of your personal development.
- Effective Troubleshooting Skills: You demonstrate strong root cause analysis skills, through effective troubleshooting skills and you are able to quickly identify problems and solutions. You work well in a collaborative troubleshooting environment, while at the same time you can also work autonomously to arrive at the right solution for our customers.
- Communication Skills: You have strong written and verbal communication skills, with a strong command of the English language. Ability to accurately type 40 - 60 words per minute. You have the ability to establish a professional, friendly, and empathetic dialogue with customers.
- Excellent Organizational Skills: You're a great multitasker. You can handle multiple requests at once and have an understanding of prioritization.
- Team Focus: Effectively work in a team environment that uses cross-collaboration and teamwork to solve issues. You enjoy working with others, demonstrate a willingness and ability to share your knowledge with peers and others.
- Customer Inspired: Demonstrate customer focus in every interaction with our customers. You actively listen and leave our customers feeling supported and understood.
- Adaptable: You are resilient and adapt to the changing business and landscape in the tech world.
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- IVF Benefits
- Paid Family Leave - 16 weeks for primary caregivers and 5 weeks for secondary caregivers fully paid
- 4% 401(k) Match (Make the most of retirement)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD, and AD&D)
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn't like time off?)
- Transportation (24x7 Downtown parking or commuter reimbursement)
- Lunch (Provided Tuesday – Thursday)
- Gym membership discount
At WP Engine, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.