Technical Support Representative
Named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin, TX in 2017, BigCommerce is looking for a full-time Technical Support Representative for our Austin Four Points Office to support our customers’ technical issues, educate our store owners on various platform features, and enable our customers to sell more and grow their online stores. At BigCommerce, we don't just sell and support a platform, we empower our clients to succeed. You will use your technical know-how and unparalleled customer service skills to help our customers set-up, optimize, and run their online stores by answering technical-related questions via our phone, chat, and ticketing systems. Our team members are expected to learn the basics of the job quickly, and to continue growing their knowledge of the industry as it evolves. You are a team player who can recognize the various values and opportunities presented by your peers, you will work with them, compete against them, and celebrate each other's success. The right candidate will possess strong technical skills, the ability to communicate effectively via unsurpassed soft skills, and the creativity to engineer solutions for the ever growing world of eCommerce entrepreneurs. As a team, our mission is to make ourselves available when our customers need us and to give them a path to success in a 24x7 environment. We offer competitive pay and have a guided ramping period that has built in pay raises over the first 3 - 7 months.
What You Will Do
- Provide outstanding phone, email, and chat based technical and account services support to our customers in a fast-paced 24x7 environment (expect up to 7.5 hours of talk/chat time a day)
- Provide extraordinary support to our ever-growing merchant base with your unsurpassed customer service and problem solving capabilities
- Develop solutions and utilize standard operating procedures for improving customer satisfaction and creating lifelong promoters of our brand
- Communicate with the management team and developers to improve product functionality and resolve issues
- Decrease incoming volume by striving toward first contact resolution and proactively onboarding and advising customers on eCommerce best practices
- Escalate unresolved issues as required while maintaining ownership of issues through resolution
- Assist customers with common billing, invoice, and account issues
- Utilize classroom, video, and self-paced training to stay ahead of product advancements and eCommerce best practices; utilize your knowledge to solve problems efficiently
- Display high levels of professionalism and recurring interactions with departments inside and outside of the Client Success organization
Who You Are
- A work ethic that demonstrates dedication to the company, its mission, personal pride, and the team; a desire to work in a culture of excellence
- Experience in a customer-facing, service-oriented role is required
- Experience in a phone, email, or chat-based technical support or customer service contact center preferred
- Exceptional ability to utilize self service resources (internal guides, Google-fu, external service portals, Stack Overflow, etc) to find solutions is required
- Strong aptitude toward various web, e-commerce, and hosting technologies and how they work together is required
- Understanding of basic data structures preferred
- Exceptional critical thinking and soft skills with experience in deescalating difficult customers
- A passion for WOWing customers and providing often unique solutions to best fit each customer's situation
- Dedicated team player interested in growing and competing alongside some of the best tech support agents in the business, willingness to help others grow and seek help from peers to maximize potential
- Excellent written communication skills for documenting calls and platform issues as well as excellent verbal communication and the ability to deal with frustrated clients without taking it personal, and strong customer relationship skills
- Must be flexible to shift work and occasional overtime in a 24x7, 365 environment
BigCommerce is a robust, flexible ecommerce platform that provides established and emerging brands with everything they need to launch, promote, manage and scale a successful online store. BigCommerce merchants earn more than retailers on competitive ecommerce solutions thanks to advanced features, better site performance and streamlined business processes. Founded in 2009, the company has received more than $100 million in funding from SoftBank Capital, American Express, Telstra Ventures, General Catalyst, Revolution Growth and FLOODGATE. BigCommerce supports thousands of retailers around the world from its offices in San Francisco, Austin and Sydney.
We’re a team of smart, passionate and talented people on a mission to democratize commerce. If you’re looking to work with industry leaders and love what you do, we want to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits
- An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
- Open vacation policy for salaried team members and generous accrual vacation policy for hourly team members, + paid sick time
- Competitive compensation packages and meaningful stock grants for every employee
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage that starts on day one
- Fully stocked kitchens and craft beers (don’t worry, we also subsidize gym memberships)
- Especially cool offices in Austin, San Francisco and Sydney
- A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Employee-driven team building activities like paintball, rock climbing, social sports leagues, hackathons, movie nights, river floats, etc.
- Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events, i.e., the opportunity to work with various charitable groups within BigCommerce for underprivileged children, homeless pets, and a variety of other causes.