Technical Support Representative
As a Technical Support Representative you are responsible for providing Level II phone and email customer support for the HomeAway suite of websites. Are you someone who is comfortable working in a call center atmosphere? Do you love solving problems for other people and have a medium-to-strong technical background? Note:(we will provide training on our products and services). Can you explain complex ideas and concepts in a clear, simple manner? Technical Support Representatives require both an intimate knowledge of product as well as some extended general technical knowledge of web browser technologies, operating systems and hardware. You will be interfacing directly with our customers and should possess strong communication skills as well as the ability to explain technical procedures in a way best understood by the individual you are working with.
What you’ll do:
- Identify, troubleshoot and where possible resolve issues that have been escalated from Customer Support and provide support via phone and email.
- Identify, report and track Product Defects.
- Recognize and handle customer errors gracefully.
- Supply knowledge gained back to Customer Support through documentation of issue resolutions and troubleshooting procedures.
- Help to analyze and identify issue severity levels and follow appropriate escalation procedures.
- Educate customers in best practices for using HomeAway applications.
- Meet agreed upon and expected service levels for case completion and quality standards.
- Be the customer’s primary point of contact through resolution and delight the customer throughout the process.
- Be an advocate for the voice of the customer.
- Develop and maintain expert knowledge on HomeAway products.
- Communication with internal partners.
Who you are:
- Minimum of 1–2 years’ experience as a customer support representative, preferably in a technical capacity for a consumer website.
- Experience with Windows and Apple OS.
- Experience with Android, Apple and Windows based mobile devices.
- Experience with browser technologies including a deep understanding of cookies, security controls, extensions and add-ons for popular browsers like Chrome, FireFox and Safari.
- Experience with MS Office suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience troubleshooting connection issues using knowledge of network technologies and hardware including modems/routers, ISPs, Wi-Fi, mobile broadband networks as well as protocols like DNS, DHCP, HTTP, TCPIP.
- Experience troubleshooting email issues and understanding of IMAP, popular web mail and email providers, settings, filters and relayed/aliased addresses.
- Overtime, evening, weekend and holiday shifts may also be required.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.