Technical Support at WP Engine
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
What's Cool About This Job
As a Technical Support L1, you’ll be providing support to customers primarily using live chat, but also over the phone and via support tickets. You will serve as the first point of contact for customers, supporting all of their WordPress questions and needs. You will develop a deep technical knowledge of the various open source technologies which deliver amazing digital experiences for our customers.
You will be the face of the company and have an opportunity to deliver a world-class experience with every interaction with customers on live contact channels of chat and phone.
You’ll get to apply creative problem-solving techniques to identify and solve the source of problems while keeping customers happy and engaged. Demonstrate commitment to continuous learning, to grow technical knowledge to better support our customers as well as strengthening your own technical skillset.
Help maintain a great team and working environment by assisting fellow team members.
Requirements for the Role:
- 1-2 years of experience working in technical support or a customer service position.
- Open source content management systems.
- WordPress: knowledge of WordPress, Plugins, and Themes.
- Knowledge of DNS and SSL.
- You understand the usage of file systems and the tools for remotely managing web content on a web or file server.
- Knowledge of Linux Command Line.
- You have experience with StudioPress and/or the Genesis framework.
- You have previous experience with online Chat and/or instant messaging tools.
- You have previously worked with customers via phone support.
- Understanding of the core error codes associated with web hosting (eg. 404 etc.)
- Positive Energy and enthusiasm. You believe in our values.
- Technical Aptitude: You demonstrate a keen knowledge of, and passion for, web technology or digital experiences. You are someone who learns quickly and takes ownership of your personal development.
- Effective Troubleshooting Skills: You demonstrate strong root cause analysis skills, through effective troubleshooting skills and you are able to quickly identify problems and solutions. You work well in a collaborative troubleshooting environment, while at the same time you can also work autonomously to arrive at the right solution for our customers.
- Communication Skills: You have strong written and verbal communication skills, with a strong command of the English language. Ability to accurately type 40 - 60 words per minute. You have the ability to establish a professional, friendly, and empathetic dialogue with customers.
- Excellent Organizational Skills: You’re a great multitasker. You can handle multiple requests at once and have an understanding of prioritization.
- Team Focus: Effectively work in a team environment that uses cross-collaboration and teamwork to solve issues. You enjoy working with others, demonstrate a willingness and ability to share your knowledge with peers and others.
- Customer Inspired: Demonstrate customer focus in every interaction with our customers. You actively listen and leave our customers feeling supported and understood.
- Adaptable: You are resilient and adapt to the changing business and landscape in the tech world.
Perks and Benefits:
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- IVF Benefits
- Paid Family Leave - 16 weeks for primary caregivers and 5 weeks for secondary caregivers fully paid
- 4% 401(k) Match (Make the most of retirement)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD, and AD&D)
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn’t like time off?)
- Gym membership discount