Job Profile Summary:
This Technical Systems Analyst will join the Global POS Technology team as a member of the POS Package Engineering Support group. This person will provide ongoing systems analysis, support and troubleshooting of Point-of-Sale hardware and software as well as addressing availability and reliability issues. Operational responsibilities include but are not limited to remediation of incident tickets and problem records.
- Provide technical and functional support for team and system users
- Address system and technical problems of considerable complexity, difficulty, and importance
- Lead root cause evaluation and coordinate with development
- Follow up with business partners to gather feedback and improve communication
- Provide cross-training, knowledge sharing, and updated documentation to decrease escalations
- Identify documentation and training gaps, recommending solutions as required
- Lead major incident communication, ensuring messages are clear and appropriate for the consuming audience
- Serve as point of escalation for urgent system issues
- Prescribe disaster recovery procedures and direct the recovery operations in the event of degraded system performance
- Assist with 24x7 after-hour support for high impact issues and join an On Call rotation
- 2+ years of higher tier retail support experience ideally with POS for a Tier 1 Retailer
- Be a logical thinker, strong analyst, and problem solver and show drive and aptitude/proof of learning new technologies
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot complex issues and find the pattern
- SQL and XML skills. Splunk or PowerShell experience a plus
- Understanding of processes and tools used for system management, problem reporting, change management, and overall system support
- Communicate structured information in a clear, concise, and organized fashion, targeted to specific situations and audiences that are technical and non-technical. Ability to keep multiple projects on track creatively and in accordance with the stakeholder’s deadlines
- An open, sharing approach to working with team members, business partners and peers
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time with an expected 0-5%
Education & Experience:
BA/BS degree and 2-4 years relevant experience OR equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.